Ben-B

Coilpack VR engine into a Dizzy car - what's needed?

Hi there,

I'm looking at rebuilding a VR and swapping it with the engine in my C.

My Rado is a '93 K with a dizzy/distributor.

I was looking at putting a Coilpack engine in instead. What is needed to do this conversion?

Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben may have a coilpack engine complete coming very soon if you havent already got the block.

I also have a 2.9 wiring loom freshly wrapped that I fiited by mistake to my dizzy engine till I realised and had to get hold of the right loom.

People may correct me but you'll need the upper chain plate from a coilpack head, wiring loom, ecu (think the MAF is different someone will correct me if not) not sure what else but its something to start with

Annoyingly there are 2 different MAFs for coilpack engines, I believe 5 pin is for AF ECU and 4 pin is for CP ECU. Obviously loom must match ECU and MAF.

You need, loom(both engine, and fusebox to ecu), ecu, appropriate MAF (you might be able to stick with your 5 pin one) Coilpack, cam chain cover plate, and I the end plastic cover is different.

Oh yeah forgot about the plastic cover too should have thought of that as tried to fit a coilpack one to the dizzy engine yesterday and didint fit. I think I'd forget me head if it wasnt screwed on.