gonzo

2l 16v exhaust manifold?

what golf manifold if any, would fit this vehicle? small crack appearing in mine

Edited by gonzo

I'd like to know this as mine is full of exhaust putty filling a crack.

Theres a few four branches on fleebay off a mk2 starting at 50 sheets.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK2-4-2-1-MANIFOLD-1-8-GTI-8V-STAINLESS-STEEL-/290536614968?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a554ec38

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLF-MK2-16v-STAINLESS-4-BRANCH-MANIFOLD-kr-abf-gti-/330532147994?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf540531a

Edited by stereoflaver

have big vw audi scrapyard near me will go and take some measurements if i find one will post up here,failing that will have to be a custom stainless one

Whatever you do, try to find one with a flexi. There are one or two aftermarket ones that have a flexi, or you could get one put into a custom jobbie no probs.

have big vw audi scrapyard near me will go and take some measurements if i find one will post up here,failing that will have to be a custom stainless one

I read this as you need a new standard downpipe, not a standard manifold or an aftermarket manifold an downpipe in one.

Either way if you need a new standard item then the passat shares the same downpipe as the corrado (cars with a cat), the actual cast iron exhaust manifold is shared with the mk2 golf and non-cat passats, although they don't have the emissions 'sniffer' pipe sticking up at the back of the engine (don't think that's an issue though.)

All in one aftermarket manifold and downpipes are another thing, they have their pros and cons over a standard system but as CazzaVR says, if they don't have a flexi joint in them they will always crack.

yes, a standard system has a slightly flexible joint there, the aftermarket all in one 'performance' manifolds the other guys are on about usually have one low down near the connection to the next exhaust section or CAT, but many don't at all.

what golf manifold if any, would fit this vehicle? small crack appearing in mine

I am selling a brand new 2L 16v exhaust manifold complete with gasket