dkingvr6

Anyone running all three vibratechnics mounts in a VR?

Hello all,

As the title says, i have just fitted the Vibratechnics front mount, and sure enough realised the gearbox and rear mounts are on their way out, was just going to go for std mounts but was thinking about using the Vibratechnics ones for these two also, anyone done this? And is it any good? Dont want to turn my car into a teeth rattler!

Cheers Dan

Edited by dkingvr6

Yes I've used all 3, but currently have competition front, fast road rear and VAG MK2 gearbox.

All 3 being VT is brilliant, but the gearbox one puts too much vibration and noise into the cabin for my liking, but everything else is c0ck on. Handling, gearchange and engine movement all top notch.

If mine wasn't a daily, I would run Competition spec all round.

I have all three. Competition front, fast road rear and gearbox.

Yes they are a bit vibey (although the 24v is a lot smoother so no worse than a standard VR) but when you start chucking the car about it definitely feel more taught and responsive than with the old mounts.

Not quite what you were asking I know, but my other halfs came with only a VT gearbox mount, it was horrible. So much noise in the cabin. When I removed it, it was knackered too, only a year old according to the receipt. I run the front one and think its a really good upgrade, not too much more in the way of vibes, feels much taughter, on and off the power.

The gearbox one failed quickly due to excessive movement, brought on by the use of standard front and rear mounts, which have the same Shure stiffness as jelly. It needs to be partnered with an uprated front too, then only the rear standard mount gets the pounding instead, but it's not operating over such a big arc like the box mount does, which acts as a pivot as well as a mounting.

If the rear of the subframe was isolated from the monocoque like it is at the front, vibrations wouldn't be an issue. Having said that, my mate's MK4 with a poly dog bone is far worse than a VR6 with a VT box mount.

The gearbox one failed quickly due to excessive movement, brought on by the use of standard front and rear mounts, which have the same Shure stiffness as jelly.

This is indeed true, hadn't really considered that. I thought it was rather a strange thing to do (fit just a gb mount), most people go for just the front one. Mind you, the previous owner had removed the MAF too, and neatly cut off the plug and tucked the loom away.......