Tempest

Stanford Hall 2011, Sunday 1/5/2011

Was a really good day today! So many people there and so many nice cars! Shame i left my camera at home but the Corrado were looking good, especially the silver one and the green one next to it (sorry dont know whos they are)

First time at Stanford Hall, ill be going back next year...well worth the money!!

Was debating this, but tbh wasnt that impressed when I went last year... Its a good season opener, but with RTTS just round the corner I decided to make that my first one of the year.

Managed to do it all in 2 hours last year, and the drive there is not far off...

Still, it probably was the best one for years, its always the way when you decide not to bother!

Had a really good day today. The Corrados on the CCGB stand looked great, as did the superbly presented concours entries from Paul Kippax, Judith and CrazyDave. Good to catch up with a load of friends from the Club too. The sunshine was welcome, the wind and the dust was less welcome!

The only downside of the day was trying to get away from the place..what a nightmare..no traffic control to speak of and massive queues trying to get to the M1; the organisers can surely do better than that. Took nearly four hours to do 140 miles home because of traffic on M1 and M25 !! Rubbish! Still, at least tomorrow is a Bank Holiday. I'll be rinsing my the dust off the car !! Oh, and I'm loving the turbo power....

missed it, was stuck at work :( pics please

Was indeed a nice day out :) The sun did shine but damn it was windy... not sure if I got sunburn or windburn!

Great to catch up with everyone again after the painfully long winter hiatus!

Edited by Jim

Was a good little trip out. Saw a few old faces.

Just a shame about the wind

Thanks Eric for organising the Club display. Great show, great company, fantastic turnout, beautiful weather, brill drive there and back, but the dust storm was pants! I thought your car got dirty getting to a show,not whilst stationary on display! I think I will enter the concors display next year and avoid the Stanford Mistral :-). On my list for next years entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only pics I took was of the three Corrados - Paul's and Judith's VR6s and Dave's VRT - on the concours stand, so no pics of the CCGB stand I'm afraid, and no pics of any air cooled stuff which was plentiful. The concours stand was certainly the place to be to avoid the dust storms...

I thought the peg line was very wonky! Certaintly not as OCD as you would expect for a concours line up

Good show corrados looked great, Well done to my Brother (VR6 Lee) though who won the class 12 award, have to say though that my engine detailing i think helped him win it 19/20 hehe

Thanks everyone for making this a fantastic day, and supporting the club by turning up on the stand.

Shame about the wind and dust, but I guess, with Stanford there´s always either the choice of sandy dusty paths and plenty of sunshine, or like last year, freezing, with almost rain, which would not be good at all!

Great to see that many nice Rados and indeed Roccos lined up both in the Concourse and the 2 adjacent stands. Some interesting cars there, no less than 2 Mk1 Rocco Storms, my Mk2 Storm, Jeremy´s Mk2 Storm, and of course the Rados, some nice stuff there, too :)

Well done to the usual suspects for winning in the class 14 Concours, almost predicatble (actually no, it´s simply a given :lol:), despite the interesting new competitors entering the class. Can´t beat Gaskell´s judging skills, the excellent judging equipment that was used (mat, mirror), so even only coming 3rd, like the chap with the GT2 Rocco did, is an honour :)

Piccies:

100_0748.jpg

100_0749.jpg

100_0751.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0754.jpg

100_0755.jpg

100_0756.jpg

100_0757.jpg

100_0758.jpg

100_0761.jpg

100_0762.jpg

100_0763.jpg

100_0764.jpg

100_0767.jpg

100_0768.jpg

100_0769.jpg

100_0770.jpg

Tempest

Edited by Tempest

Great show, came home with a filthy car and sunburn but had a great day out. Nice convoy down with Tom and Mark, congratulations to the concours winners. Ian

Good to meet up with you all. Agree good show. Ye we should all enter the concourse next year and avoid all that dust.

See u all at Stonor June

looks really good day gutted i wasnt there in the mk1 as im ill in hospital that will be my second yellow card now so banded for next year :(

You certainly did miss a good day - although it was very windy and dusty - my car is disgustingly dirty still.

I hope you get better soon and they let you out of hospital to enjoy other up and coming events before you get a Red Card !!!!

looks really good day gutted i wasnt there in the mk1 as im ill in hospital that will be my second yellow card now so banded for next year :(

Sorry to hear that, matey. Hope you're better soon. Sorry you missed the show too. It was a good day out. I think my car stayed slightly cleaner in the car park than it migh have done on the club stand, which was a dust bowl...