MarkCorrado

Front Windscreen.

Im looking for a chip-less front windscreen, as i have the weirdest looking circular shaped crack in the existing! I have got a couple of quotes from dealers but they have all been around 300 pound!

Thanks.

we have one mate off the valver we have been breaking , its still on the car at the moment , will speak to matt as for what we want for it . its chip free aswell .regards rob

not easy but not impossible . need to remove the rubbers , then cut away the bonded silicone bit by bit and take your time . the problem often comes with the pillars . because they are a weak spot . if you have a busted screen and autoglass or whoever comes to fit it they have to bung loads of silicone around them because they need to seal the screen around aload of rust n crap which obviously makes it very difficult to remove . regards rob

some policies allow for screen cover to be included on 3rd party as additional option

I do have that option but its a extra £30 a month.

hi mate have spoken to matt and we will let the screen go for £50.00. regards rob

Very interested mate, any chance you can send or could i arrange a courier?

Thanks

Very interested mate, any chance you can send or could i arrange a courier?

Thanks

Hi Mark,

I'm Rob's mate he mentioned. The hard bit is still to come and take it off. I think our most realistic time we could give it a go would be next Sat morning if thats not too long for you to wait. We could try to sort out posting it to you but as you can imagine, its a bit of a risk to send. Would you like the idea of covering some fuel money to meet up somewhere between our towns?

Cheers for now, Matt.

Hi Mark,

I'm Rob's mate he mentioned. The hard bit is still to come and take it off. I think our most realistic time we could give it a go would be next Sat morning if thats not too long for you to wait. We could try to sort out posting it to you but as you can imagine, its a bit of a risk to send. Would you like the idea of covering some fuel money to meet up somewhere between our towns?

Cheers for now, Matt.

Hey matt, thanks for the offer but i have found some were real cheap to get supplied and fitted.

Thanks again

Mark

I might have a crack (excuse the pun) at removing mine then.

I know that alot of repair places hate replacing corrado screens because they're notorious for being a ball ache to fit, meaning its often difficult for owners to get quotes.

They are not a ball ache to fit they are a ball ache to remove! A guy i know in the trade has done 4 for us now over the last few year and he will be doing the Nugget when it's all painted up ready.

Removal is far more difficult than refitting, thats the easy part he says :)

There really is no point in fitting a second hand screen, the shape of the Corrado means that they only last around 5 years or so before they are full of pits - new glass is great, easy to clean and wipers work so much better!

A new screen from VW is £220 but a glass place should be able to supply a Sekurit one for half that.

There really is no point in fitting a second hand screen, the shape of the Corrado means that they only last around 5 years or so before they are full of pits - new glass is great, easy to clean and wipers work so much better!

A new screen from VW is £220 but a glass place should be able to supply a Sekurit one for half that.

New screens only last 5 years?

New screens only last 5 years?

Maybe it's the way I drive but 60k in a corrado with the roads as they currently are in the UK usually takes it toll on the front end of the car and the screen!