Bullfinch

Valeo heater matrix - need help to fit £££'s on offer

This is a bit of an odd one. I've got the part but I need the know-how. Quite simple really I'm willing to pay £200 for someone (with prior experience) to help me fit a replacement heater matrix. I plan to fit in early May (any weekend). I'm based in Bracknell, close to both M3 and M4.

its not that hard, just be careful with the cables on the back of the heater controls!

there is a guide on here somewhere, thats what i used and it was pretty easy really, just took me 2 days of faffing :lol: but i did fit heated seats and loom at the same time

There is a wiki submission the vkrisv posted a year or so ago on the way to remove it. He did have help as I recall and it took him the best part of a day.

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/heater_matrix_replacement.html

there's the old guide

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?45452-Replacing-the-heater-matrix-non-canada-style-max-pics&highlight=heater+matrix

and there is the in-depth one done by kris with pics

Thanks for the offers. However as I have even more travelling coming up (Brazil and Australia with work) I've made a booking with The Phirm for 4 May to get this done. Suffice to say it's a tad (make that a lot!) more than £200 but I need my weekends for R&R! Australia looks almost definite now to turn into 2-3 years so I need to decide to sell or keep. As my wife said will the £1k storage cost per year be offset by a £1k increase in residual value...if only:(

Dude, would only take you a day to do from start to finish... You sure you can't spear the hours? Would save you money... is the extra day you'll save giving it to a garage going to save you the same amount of money as you would spend doing it yourself? I doubt that day of is worth the extra cash...

Shame about you having to sell it too. Can you not keep it at a relatives or somewhere? Or even sell it to a relative/friend until you return with the idea of buying it back?