CazzaVR

Absolute shed on Pistonheads *AVOID*

Went to view this: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2716740.htm last week. Sounded very appealing in the ad- rebuilt engine, black leather etc...

I have viewed around 40 Corrados in my time, and this is, without question, the worst I've ever seen! It's absolutely terrible. It's only suitable for breaking, but even then, only if you can get it for sub £500 (at the most).

Every panel has either: laquer peel (extensive), rattle can spray (extensive) or rust.

Both sills have been jacked up along their entirety- never seen anything like it.

Passenger door handle missing + door skin damaged, where the OWNER had broken in because he'd left his keys inside :roll: :lol:

All fogs/indicators badly cracked or smashed.

Splitter cracked badly.

Engine bay is absolutely filthy.

Engine seems to pull well, with no smoke, but not as fast as it should be. Receipts for engine parts, but no record of the work, apart from the owner's own writing in the service book. The work was done by his 'mate'.

MOT carried out by... his 'mate'. This car would never get through a proper MOT.

At least one broken engine mount.

Top mounts both torn in half.

Steering sloppy and tracking off.

Gearchange very sloppy.

Lots of knocking.

Heater matrix popped and bypassed.

Carpets smell damp.

Leather has white paint split on it. Very dirty. Driver's bolster has quite a few strange 'pock marks', which would take some sorting. Heated seats didn't work.

Steering wheel leather badly torn with extensive peeling.

Heaters don't work.

Heater facia badly cracked.

Current owner has been driving the car untaxed for weeks.

When I said I wasn't interested, he basically begged me to have it and reduced his price by £500 with 6 months tax included. I was half tempted at that point to buy and break, and told him I'd think about it.

However- my car failed to start when I went to leave. Classic immobiliser symptoms. He was sat next to my car on a wall with his friend. While I was clearly having a prob, they watched in silence for 30 seconds. He then said 'You'll have to buy mine now,' and went inside! Cock! That made my mind up totally.

Thankfully mine started as soon as I did the override procedure.

In short, this car is an absolute nail and the owner is a tool. Save yourself the hassle and don't bother!

M960 TET - Reg added for future ref - S'charged.

Edited by Supercharged
reg

I wish questions had been posted about this before you travelled mate, this is just down the road from me and it was bought to my attention by a freind who thought I was selling my car.... to add to the misery this car IS........................... CAT C.......................... SO PLEASE ANYONE BEWARE BEFORE THINKING TO BUY!!!!!! This car really is a complete shed and dont be swayed ny the rose tinted pictures. Sorry for your travel mate and if your hunting hope you find a better one soon!

Cat C?! Not surprised :lol: Yeh, was a complete waste of time and petrol. Nevermind!

'You'll have to buy my car now' ............. what a cock !!

Never siezes to amaze me how crappy some people can be :roll:- ok so you didnt quite agree on the car on offer but there is no need to be so bitter.

The chap sounds like quite the charmer. It really just goes to show how deceiving pictures can be: the car looks all right in them!

Edited by Mr Sands

Yeh, looks OK. So much of it has been rattle-canned, and the rest has peel. Awful!

I couldn't believe that he didn't make any attempt to help me whatsoever. He obviously cares as little for other people as he does his cars. Numpty.