BigMoylan

West Mids Newbie

Hi all.

I'm James, I'm 20 and from the west Midlands.

I'm looking to get a G60 as my next car, I currently drive a Fiesta Zetec S.

Thought I'd sign up and have a look around get to know what I'm looking for in the corrados.

Any common faults etc.

Cheers

Welcome!

be sure to have a good search around each of the forum sections, read, read, read :) but in general they're all old cars now so individual condition and records of work done is far the most important, G60 charger service is very important on that model and I'd suggest whatever you finally decide on, ask the owner if you can take it for an MOT before handing over the cash, could be a very worthwhile £50 spent and any genuine seller can't mind if you pay, it'll flag up any corrosion, suspension or emissions problems that could be costly for you to sort.

Welcome to the forum. Where abouts are you based mate? :)

Welcome to the forum. Where abouts are you based mate? :)

I'm from Walsall mate. Just want a corrado now. I need a bigger car.

They'll go on forever.. provided the supercharger has been serviced! What sort of miles are you seeing on the cars you've been looking at?

Welcome to the forum. You're not far from me- I have a G60 in Shrewsbury. Let me know if you're nearby sometime and I'll happily show you what a well fettled G60 goes like!

This car looks ok but make sure there is paperwork to go with the charger. I notice there is an air filter with no heatshield- not a great idea as it will suck in hot air. I can see the boost return has been deleted too so it would need lubricating manually. Not much else I can comment on really as the pics only show much! Personally I think adverts with only 3 lines of text are a bit daft. If someone really cares about and knows their car, there should be a ton of info on the ad. But that's just me!

In hindsight I wish I'd been patient and bought a G60 on this forum (one that has a bit of thread history!), that was in great nick and spent £3k on it rather than £2k for one that will cost me £2k to get it sorted. Good luck!