Alex_G60_Fanatic

Need Help: Collecting Parts From Cornwall

Ive just bought a gearbox from Cornwall..... :bonk:

I need to eventually get it to Dundee but for now I'll need it shipped to Swindon as I drive down there to see my folks every now and again.

The gear box is located in Delabole, Cornwall.

I know it's a long shot but my ideal question would be: Can any one pick this up and drop it off in Swindon for me? I can offer some money of course for petrol and your trouble. You'll need a relatively large car or van and you will need some thing to wrap it in too.

The second and more realistic question is could someone who lives nearby go and collect it and take it back to their house. If you could store it for a few weeks It would REALY help me out! I will arrange a courier to collect it from your house at your convenience and again will reimburse you for any problems this may cause.

Failing those two options, advice on good couriers would be most welcome! :thumbleft:

Paisley Freight are quite good and cheap for large heavy items, so they may be an option.

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/

I have just looked on their site and it says....

Gearbox (Not exceeding 40kg) £30.00

Have you found out the code yet ?

nope, he's emailing me back tonight. But either way i'm having it... I could resell it for £150 and make some money on it if all else fails!

lol you legend!!

what happened to your matey down there who was going to deal with it?

I knew she lived in Cornwall but she's almost 2 hours away and he's and she (an so can't be trusted to lug gearboxes around :nono:)

Ladies can't be trusted full stop if you ask me!

Anywho, i just thought seeing as she's a delicate flower I'd get some burly farmer on here to lug it for me! :lol: