Sadly too many people took the **** and completely ignored the rules we laid down in good faith - so it needed reforming. Afraid the minority spoiled it for the majority.

I have a minimum post count of 50 posts before you can post in the classifieds section on vr6oc. Or if you have been a registered member for 180 days. Paying premium members are granted instant access and you can buy instant access if you just want to use the site to advertise the sale of your car as a one off.... It's still very active and barely any disputes than before I implanted the above.

Pete

Having sat on both sides of the fence I can see both points of view, but I have to admit that Im not a fan of the new system and I dont bother looking at the classifieds now. I think the problems were mainly down to the 'no PM' rule rather than the format, I dont think the new system helps with the current lack of community feel that there seems to be on here tbh, its definitely lost a certain 'ju na se qua' :camp:

its definitely lost a certain 'ju na se qua' :camp:

Not only is the English spelling and grammar on here a bit suspect at times, the French is pretty poor - "je ne sais quoi" :geek:

For the record, I learned a lot about parts, prices and the forum members from the old style "for sale" threads but also remember all the hassle with "you have PM" and off thread deals meaning law abiding citizens missed out.

Meh, I'm allowed a bit of artistic license when it comes to spelling in French! :tonguesmilie-while we're at it, where the hell have they all gone?:

And yes the problem was always that the 'no PM' rule was un-enforceable and relied on sellers ignoring PM's which didn't often happen, bring back the old format and apply the same rules as there are currently (i.e let people just get on with it so the Mods have no involvement or responsibility other than to approve the ads)

One thing I do not like is that I cannot browse the classifieds sections using tapatalk :( I browse this forum 90% of the time from my iDevice, and the mobile theme I find is really slow, to the point ounusable....

Pete

Seems to be quite that quite few people would like to see the old way re-instated.

Mods - would you be prepared to re-instate the old method? Do more people need to request it to be?

And yes the problem was always that the 'no PM' rule was un-enforceable and relied on sellers ignoring PM's which didn't often happen, bring back the old format and apply the same rules as there are currently (i.e let people just get on with it so the Mods have no involvement or responsibility other than to approve the ads)

Yeah I think change it back and the MODS have nothing to do with it let it run for a few months to see how it goes.

I think the no P/M rule is unenforceable and thats where problems arose in the past.

Just let the buyers and sellers get on with it and take nothing to do with it.

Another interssting point to note is this thread has had more replies than anything else at the moment!!!!!

I've kept out of this but read with interest.

Hate to say it but regarding locking down the classifieds and losing the community feel we had ..... I told you so.

The 'no PM' thing was as much as "rule" as it could be. It was more a polite request than a rule to be fair. The only rule we did have was that everything had to be priced and sellers should consider something sold once that price was accepted.

Hate to say it but regarding locking down the classifieds and losing the community feel we had ..... I told you so.

You're about as Sorry as I am interested Concours bolt polishing, you love being the Jailor :lol:

You're about as Sorry as I am interested Concours bolt polishing, you love being the Jailor :lol:

This is very true but I've got to at least pretend to have feelings every now and again :lol:

I reckon you're a secret polisher though Haywire :grin:

Time for a change them back poll me thinks??????

I don't think we'll be moving back to the old system for all the reasons already explained. Slanging matches in sale threads, and people flagrantly ignoring the rules and then bitching at us when the sale went wrong because things had been discussed "covertly".

The only option would be a return to the old system but the threads are locked. However, that's technically no different to the actual classifieds system we have in place now.

I liked the old system providing people tried to keep discussion and offers out in the open. Just because people sent PM's, doesn't mean the system was a failure. It was just irritating!

I don't think we'll be moving back to the old system for all the reasons already explained. Slanging matches in sale threads, and people flagrantly ignoring the rules and then bitching at us when the sale went wrong because things had been discussed "covertly".

It should at least be put to a poll. Those that use the forum should get a say in how its run

i agree that the only bad thing about the old system was people pm'ing the buyer, so make it that if someone say pm'd you then ban them for a week lol

Don't joke, I've suggested it :lol:

Well, more to the point, the seller gets a black mark for accepting a PM. Enough black marks and they are banned for a week.

Sending PM's will stop as long sellers start ignore them. I'm still getting pm's from time to time, usually ignore them or there is only one answer asking to stick to the forum rules. If somebody like to buy something will do it anyway.

Well, more to the point, the seller gets a black mark for accepting a PM. Enough black marks and they are banned for a week.

sent you pm Tom lol

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

well i think its a good idea personally.

I think its a great Idea to put it back "How it used to be"

TBF I don't really come on here as often as I should anymore because the whole new format frustrates me, its slow, clunky and the classifieds seem unfathanable sometimes.....

I wonder if any of the mods can confirm there has been less trafffic since the new style forum & classifieds went live???