Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Whats your best piece of advice / modification for the C?

I don't as of yet have a good piece of advice as my car is not on the road yet however I would have to say the best mod for a corrado has to be lupo wipers..

Whats yours?? Let us know.....

yeah, headlamp loom, (H100VW) closely followed by 'charger rebuild for that ultimate peace of mind, (g-man) and a center brake light to stop morons driving into the back of you...(kevhaywire) ;) :lol:

Lupo wipers are well up there on the list though... especially with a rear one as well! ;) :lol:

Quaife diff, no longer have to worry about wheelspin at junctions every time the road is remotely slippy. 8)

The wipers and headlight loom are great as well but i had a C for over 2 years without them so kinda got used to poor visibility.

Firstly - Get a better paid job. Secondly sort suspension and brakes, you'll be amazed at the difference this makes.

mmm, hadn't even thought about the quaife LSD that's going in mine for this list... or the Brembo conversion...

Ahhh... I give up... there's too many mods that could be taken to be the best... :|

Fortunately, I'm trying to do as many good ones as possible to my G60, so it's not a problem! ;) :-P :lol:

In order of biggest, most noticeable change:-

Neuspeed ARB (rear) - Wow!

H&R springs and Koni TAs - Awesome

Lupo wipers - I can see!

Mocal oil cooler - Cool as....

Vibratechnics rear wishbone bushes

Vibratechincs engine mounts

Pagid FR pads

High level brake light - cheers for the plug Henny!

Colour coded handles, side strips and number plate surround - Brings the C up-to-date.

Lupo rear blade conversion - Not really necessary but it was something to do!

Car already had a loom when I bought it so I don't know how awful they were to begin with. Pretty dire I suspect.

K

just out of intrest how much would a charger rebuild be, obviously it will differ for each different type, but roughly what would you be looking at for a for a standard charger,

Between £300 and £800 depending on company, self removal or all work done for you, reputation and the amount of porting done while it's off...

I'd advise that you have a word with Darren (G-man) about prices... ;) 8)

Colour coded handles, side strips and number plate surround - Brings the C up-to-date.

How much did that cost to get done Kev?

How much did that cost to get done Kev?

Cost of the paint cans mate :-)

K

Firstly - Get a better paid job.

You soon find out you need to go asking the boss for a pay rise, but use the wife & kids as an excuse - it might work better than "i need a set of coilovers"

Best mod for a Corrado............... TT Dash. ;)

No seriously though, the best mod is lupo wipers. You can finally see where you are going at speed.

J

I just thought of a cheap one (about £1.50) for G60 owners that could save their engine...

Replace the standard 12 sided crank bolt for a 6 sided one off a MKI 1800 DX engine! :wink: Wish I knew about that one this time last year... :roll: :cry:

If you have a VR6, the first mod has to be to fit an induction kit. Aside from that though, get some good quality coilovers. You'll be stunned how much that transforms the car's ability.

If you really feel like going for it, fit neons underneath. They also improve the performance no end :wink:

John