billinjah

5 studing an 89 16v rado

ok obviously rears are just discs the fronts ive been told there is a 5 stud drive flange i can press into the 16v bearing then use a vr6 outer cv. i tried just fitting the vr6 hub to the 16v wishbone but obviously this is the wrong way to go as ive ended up with the whell sitting in totally the wrong place anyone done this can help?

there is a 5 stud drive flange i can press into the 16v bearing then use a vr6 outer cv.

Exactly this. If you don't want to muck about changing the entire front suspension setup just grab some hub flanges and outer CVs from a Corrado VR6 or mk3 GTI / VR6 and press them in to your 16V hub with new bearings. Re-drill the discs and you're good to go.

If you have ABS then you will need to fit the 16V sensor rings to the 5-bolt flanges, which will require a little drilling and tapping but its fairly simple. If you don't have ABS then just bin the rings.

I'd rather use good 2nd hand flanges than buy new btw. There are new 'Topran' ones advertised on fleabay for cheap, and there is a reason - they are garbage.

Good luck :cat:

if anything idd want to do a 4stud conversion, i just cannot find a nice pair of wheels with 5x100, im in the proccess of getting some bannded steels made up but the guy doing it is literaly taking months as someone else is cutting them!!

Easy then - billinjah and VW_OwneR_85 just need to swap front hub flanges, outer CV joints and rear discs :D

lol iv only just replaced the rear discs and bearings and brought them 5x100 golf steels to get banded otherwise i think i would of tbh.