Peebee

Is 114 too high a temp for my oil temp sensor?

If thats as high as it gets it should be fine, Oils start to break down after about 120oC tho.

114C - you'll really be able to feel the heat there if you open the bonnet! Might just be a faulty sensor, but in case, check oil levels and check coolant is flowing properly and the fans are kicking in when they should. I would have thought the 24v would run a tad cooler, but have no experiecne of it yet. I'm sure others can advise here.

What is your water temp?

I will add that those figures are from a long burn from Plymouth back to Worcester. On Normal day to day driving it's been known to see 108 degree!

A friend did most the work on the conversion so not sure what water pump is in the car!

thats nothing to get woried about in my opinion, ive seen closer to 140 on a hot day in the g.

thats when you start to panick about the heater going pop and dousing you in boiling water :suprised:

thats nothing to get woried about in my opinion, ive seen closer to 140 on a hot day in the g.

thats when you start to panick about the heater going pop and dousing you in boiling water :suprised:

Hmmm mm, nice! :p

I would have thought that 24v would run hotter than 12v due to more moving parts? The same was definitely true about the 1.8/2.0 4 cylinder engines - from experience 16v ran about 10-15 degrees hotter oil than the 8v.

If you used the 12V oil/water heat exchanger on your 24V, that's possibly why it's running hot. The 24V's oil cooler was completely redesigned and is not only bigger, but a lot more efficient. Unfortunately it fouls the front engine mount bracket, but I think it can be done. I'm going to be fitting the bigger R32 cooler to my 12V soon and I'll report back how I grafted it on.

In the MK4, 24Vs rarely go over mid 90s oil temp, under normal driving conditions.

Any luck with the cooler? Would be interesting to see how you fit it on, if indeed there is any serious modification required.