elliott

New corrado owner from scotland, 2L 16V (seen better days) HELP?

Hello my name is Elliott and after a few years away from the vw scene i'm now a happy owner of a '93 moonlight valver :thumbleft:

After a week of driving my list is as follows lol

1. I need a new or recon steering rack (lots of play). Do golf or passat ones fit?

2. abs light sometimes goes out but it's on most of the time (vag cable arrived today)

3. Engine mount/s need replaced (got the front one but i think the drivers side rear is feked)

4. Anti roll bar bushes need replaced and wishbones aren't too healthy.

5. Exhaust manifold is cracked but doesn't leak (can i weld it?)

6. Front beam looks ok but the tin that the bumper fits to has long gone.

7. Power steering pump is noisy and on its last legs

8. Probably needs a hell of a lot more than the list above.....:scratch:

Any help or guidance would be great

Thanks

Happy but soon to be skint corrado owner

Elliott

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47359[/ATTACH]

Edited by elliott

Welcome mate.............can't help you too much on your list ,lots of good advice and spare parts on here though, nothing terminal by the sound of it, where abouts in Glasgow are you?

Hello, yes i've got a long list but all the main bits work and look ok.

I'm just outside Kilsyth near Kirkintilloch.

My claim to fame is I bought the house Jimmy Krankie was born in! (no joke, it's true)

Looks like alot of members here are north of border? Is there a scottish corrado club/meet?

There is often talk of a Scottish get together but as yet it's still to happen , but yes there seem to be quite a few about here now :)

I did go to a corrado meet once, my mate had a very low millage G60 and he invited me along to a rolling road day.

Don't suppose you know if this car is still out there? [ATTACH=CONFIG]47360[/ATTACH]

I did go to a corrado meet once, my mate had a very low millage G60 and he invited me along to a rolling road day.

Don't suppose you know if this car is still out there? [ATTACH=CONFIG]47360[/ATTACH]

I bought that from Fat Tony when he emigrated to America, it had only done 53k, had it a few months and the G-Lader exploded, got a brand new one fitted and sold the car to a guy in Ireland, it came up for sale a year later with 80-90k on it and asking more than I sold it for!

Edited by BILLCOR

Fat Tony hahaha.... I still speak to his wee brother and I did hear about the charger giving up (I don't think he really gave it the beans) but I always wondered where it went. Was the best G60 i ever saw in its day.

P.s. I was the diddy in the blue 2l 8v soft top golf on the rolling road day.

Fat Tony hahaha.... I still speak to his wee brother and I did hear about the charger giving up (I don't think he really gave it the beans) but I always wondered where it went. Was the best G60 i ever saw in its day.

P.s. I was the diddy in the blue 2l 8v soft top golf on the rolling road day.

Yeah, his name concerned me before I had seen the car, I asked him to send some pics of the drivers seat :grin: as you know, his surname is Poggi :lol:

Yeah, his name concerned me before I had seen the car, I asked him to send some pics of the drivers seat :grin: as you know, his surname is Poggi :lol:

Good to see the old car again, I used to live next door to his parents and I always thought i'd buy it one day but I ended up getting a house at the time he was selling up for the big city. The car was very well looked after, full zymol treatment every sunday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47366[/ATTACH]

Edited by elliott

Hi, I'm based in Bearsden and mine is a daily driver. I had and ABS problem where the light kept coming on. Caruth Jordanhill is where took it. Not cheap, but sorted.

Yeah, we need to have a get together or drive out. What about going out to Loch Lomond on a weekday evening? I'm too busy with family and DIY stuff for the weekend.

Hi, before buying a new PAS pump you should check the belt tension and fluid level. Might need a good bleed also, got rid of my noise on the old 16v...if you do have to change the pump it's a pretty straight forward job anyway.

Hi, I'm based in Bearsden and mine is a daily driver. I had and ABS problem where the light kept coming on. Caruth Jordanhill is where took it. Not cheap, but sorted.

Yeah, we need to have a get together or drive out. What about going out to Loch Lomond on a weekday evening? I'm too busy with family and DIY stuff for the weekend.

A weekday sounds great, i'm also up to my neck in diy, a w124 mercedes estate project and a 14 month old. I work backshift for 2 weeks of the month but getting to see some other daily rados would be great.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Hi, before buying a new PAS pump you should check the belt tension and fluid level. Might need a good bleed also, got rid of my noise on the old 16v...if you do have to change the pump it's a pretty straight forward job anyway.

level and belt checked but a new pump looks like an easy job. The steering rack might be ok as today was the first time i've had the time to get under the car. All the front rubbers and one track rod look like they've had it. Both front tyres are also well worn on the inside. Looks like i'l be making a euro shopping list.