elliott

Poly Bush Full Kit. Is this a good price? Or should I just fit new rubber?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERFLEX-SUSPENSION-BUSHES-FULL-BUSH-KIT-VW-CORRADO-/310239400139?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483bb590cb

Has anyone bought and fitted this kit? My car really needs new bushes all over.

I hate doing jobs by half so I'd like to know if this is a good price.

I have thought about just getting a whole rubber set from euro or gfs.

Thanks

Elt

Go for dealer oem mate they will make your car feel how it should, Don`t bother with cheap stuff, i used febi and had to replace half of it after only 12 months due to it rotting

Thanks joby, i'll phone the robbers and see what they say. I'm taking the whole front frame out so is there any nasties i might encounter? I've only had the car a week and its giving me a headache.

Ok, just off the phone. Front wishbone and ARB bushes came to £66.90 and i pick them up on monday.

Not too bad in the end.

Edited by elliott

Theres loads of threads on here about bushes, bit of advice if you can take the car of the road and can afford it get all the bushes and replace the all at once as its a ball ache doing one or two at atime, You are better off dropping the front subframe and replacing the arb`s that way and replacing all the wishbone bushes and tie rod ends and steering rack bushes that way, and then if your confident pull the rear beam down and replace the beam bushes, just make sure you replace everything and try not to cut corners as its not a cheap job but the difference it makes to how the car drives is fantastic

Good luck

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Ohh you will need an engine hoist to hold the engine in place if your dropping the front subframe..

Theres loads of threads on here about bushes, bit of advice if you can take the car of the road and can afford it get all the bushes and replace the all at once as its a ball ache doing one or two at atime, You are better off dropping the front subframe and replacing the arb`s that way and replacing all the wishbone bushes and tie rod ends and steering rack bushes that way, and then if your confident pull the rear beam down and replace the beam bushes, just make sure you replace everything and try not to cut corners as its not a cheap job but the difference it makes to how the car drives is fantastic

Good luck

Yeah, the plan is to drop the front over a weekend as my car drives like a shopping trolly at the moment.

Engine mounts are well past it and so i'd love to get it all tightened up so i can enjoy driving it.

Thanks joby, i'll phone the robbers and see what they say. I'm taking the whole front frame out so is there any nasties i might encounter? I've only had the car a week and its giving me a headache.

Ok, just off the phone. Front wishbone and ARB bushes came to £66.90 and i pick them up on monday.

Not too bad in the end.

Did you get any discount, They should give you at least 10% if you push them.

Did you get any discount, They should give you at least 10% if you push them.

Ahh, i didn't. I was just happy i got someone who knew what i was talking about. Thanks for the info, my £500 budget to get the car driving right is dissapearing mighty fast. The joy of corrado ownership...

Word of warning, Be carefull not to cross thread the subframe bolts when you reasemble (the ones at the rear by the arb) as i nearly did as its a bit of a sod to align the subframe back up just make sure there in right.

Will do, I should really be servicing the wifes lupo as its hit the magic 50k mark but I really want to go for a drive in my new corrado lol.

Should i start a blog?

I've joined a couple of merc forums (it's all about the money with them) as i've got an '88 w124 but i've never had such positive help like the corrado forum. It's great to share the knowledge and i can't thank everyone for helping me so far. I've only had the car a few days!

I was into mercs too elliot, My brother is a merc technician the wife had a CLK320 w208 It was a lovely car brilliant engine but handled like a barge, we swapped it for a TT would like to think i will go back in a few years time we looked for a convertible but they were all dogs and the clk suffers from bad rust around the arches, i found the merc forums really freindly to be far, But this forum is very good and more down to earth with some really knowlegable members to be fair

My brother is a merc man also (hence i have one) but only 50s, 60s and 70s stuff. Infact he has an '86 300d and it's the newest car he's ever had lol.

At the moment he's up to his neck in a landrover series 2a 300tdi conversion. Looks like it'll be some machine once its done.

My experience with merc peeps is they just kept telling me where i should take it, the only guy i really connected with was Nick Froome but he's a busy guy.

It was a lovely car brilliant engine but handled like a barge

I'll never forget the saying "ride in a merc / drive a bmw"

I don't know any mercs that inspire the driver, i had a shot of a 190 but they're all just too big and comfy.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and start the story rolling krishen. I've got loads i should be doing so it might be a slow one :shrug:

yep do all the bushes at once the subframe is off, you can use axle stands to support the engine/ gearbox instead of a crane.

i've a 98 merc 250td too, rusty, wallowy and thirsty, besides that its great :)

I'll never forget the saying "ride in a merc / drive a bmw"

I don't know any mercs that inspire the driver, i had a shot of a 190 but they're all just too big and comfy.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and start the story rolling krishen. I've got loads i should be doing so it might be a slow one :shrug:

I think if you paid a lot of cash and it was a newer merc it would inspire but if you don`t mind massive depreciation i suppose i must admit i do miss the clk only because of its fantastic auto box and its luxury`s as it was fully loaded with goodies ohh and that star on the bonnet that made you feel you were driving something special, I go out for a run in the TT and all it does is go fast and handle reasonably well! Must be my age Ha ha

No point bothering with polyeurathane then?

I guess it depends on how your wanting your car to end up. I'm just happy that the wishbones are connected to the car but if your going for a weekend toy then go for it but for a daily driver i'd stick with the OEM.

P.s The audi tt bush looks like a good idea whatever your doing.