Sam.l

Brake hard lines.

Hey all, trying to get the C through it's mot and am in need of both rear brake steel hard lines, aswell as the hardline from compensator to flexie. also, the shorter brake flexies from the hard lines, not the ones to the caliper. My question is are these available from any supplier or dealer? Or am I gonna have to have some made up? I hoping not the latter. If they are obtainable from the dealers, does anyone know the part numbers? any help is much appreciated!

Thanks a lot.

Lots of info if you search on here...

New pipe is available in roll form from VW but difficult to bend without the correct tool hence lots of people use copper / Kunifer pipe

im remanufacturing brake lines and posting them, just do a search , for remanufactured brake lines in top right, all lines are genuine green steel and unions.

You can't get made up lines from anywhere. Don't get copper lines installed because the fittings always seize up resulting in damage to the pipework, usually resulting in having to have the section replaced again when replacing a caliper or bias valve etc.

Cupro-Nickel (Kunfier) is the best choice (Dark grey in appearance) I had my rear lines replaced in Cupro-Nickel, looks very neat & OE, will probably outlast the original steel lines and future valve/caliper changes won't be a problem.

The Flexy's can be bought from GSF, ECP and probably the dealer aswell, or go for Goodridge braided?

Thanks for the input guys. Andy T, where and how did you get your lines replaced? The kunfier sounds a good shout, and ideally would go for that, however I'd be happy with steel as I am on a limited time to sort this and Looking for something that would be quite easy to sort out as I am in work all week and having to sort stuff before and after work. Volksworld13, I have a 91 g60 and need both rear brake hard lines, aswell as the hardline from compensator to flexie. Failing being able to get hold decent hard lines, could you make these and how much would they cost? Have already got hold of the flexie's from GSF.

What would you guys suggest bearing in mind I have about 4days to sort this and get it through an mot! Although I always try and get things done myself, due to limited time I'm wondering about just giving the car to the garage to do it all. Just want to make sure if I do, they do the hard lines properly, with either steel or kunfier.

Thanks.

i think the rear lines are all the same from g60 16v vr6, as the two rear lines go into a flex at each end, if they are all the same than yes i can make them up and get them out to you in a couple of days, just let me know.