Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

Picked up my new daily hack today!! :0)

At last decent power!! :D Bought a golf mk2 gti, the last owner had it for 15yrs and looks as though he's taken good care of it. It has high milage 200k to be precise but it drives superbly, the interior is spotless, it has a full years mot and has been regulary serviced all this for 150 notes[/handlingb] now thats a bargain :D It should do me nicely till the C gets back ion the road :D

Crappy photo's but it's dark at the mo will take some more tomorrow

I think those wheels are very rare mate (although you probably know that?) i was watching a programme about restoring a mk1 gti and the guy was trying to find those wheels to put on it. he said there from the campaign model?? and that the p shapes stand for pirelli :lol:

Yeah they are Pirelli P-Slot's... or at least I think thats the name.

They are a great wheel for MK1 and MK2 Golfs... £150 is a bloody steal for that car!!!! :)

I think those wheels are very rare mate (although you probably know that?) i was watching a programme about restoring a mk1 gti and the guy was trying to find those wheels to put on it. he said there from the campaign model?? and that the p shapes stand for pirelli :lol:

bargain - P-Slots are not "very" rare at all. The MK1 version is and the 15" version is, but the MK2 version can be picked up for about £40 if yo uknow where to look.

The P slots in 14" format aren't rare as no grille says the 15" ones are rare and can fetch good money I sold my last set of 14" p slots for 120 quid with crap tyres these are mint and have good tyres so are probably worth what I payed for the car :D VW still sell the P slots but will cost ya 230 quid a rim :roll:

Here's a few more pics

Is that your old Astra Van lurking at the back there? Is it gonna get ritually destroyed? :D

Liking the Golf though mate! :) You know you are just gonna end up modding that once your Rado is sorted :D :D

Nice find mate - i was after a mk2 gti before the Rado but everything i looked at under £1000 was utter crap !!

If it wasnt rust, it was the engine that was knackered

Ive had a couple of 8v gti's - good cars 8)

C

The C is at the bodyshop the engine isn't built yet and the astra was about to run out of mot and insurance needed to sort something out and the golf came along :)

I dont know what to do with the astra really I could flog it on ebay to see what I can get for it or I can go and have some fun in it I already know it has a good handbrake and that it does blinding burnouts :D

The golf is staying exactly as it no mods or anything yet! Once the corrado is done I might start tinkering with it seeing as Iits covered for track days it would be a shame to see that go to waste :D