Topaz2008

Ok G-WERKS i give up!!

You would think someting as simple as a Stage 5 rebuild and return by post would be the sort of thing G-Werks would take in their stride, but sadly no!

I contacted Darren to arrange to have my charger ported to stage 5 and rebuilt and was given a 5 day turnaround from receipt of charger at G-werks. They received it on the

Wednesday 1st June in the late afternoon so I was expecting it back on the Wednesday 8th June (5 working days as agreed). The charger was opened and it was agreed it was in a

fit state to carry out the work + money was paid (I even got a discount as some of the porting work had already been done) + supply of some photos of the porting carried out

was promised.

On the Thursday 9th June I spoke to G-werks and was told to expect it on Monday 13th June. Nothing arrived on Monday, or all that week despite various promises from Darren and

again on Friday a promise of a Monday 21st Delivery. I have asked several times for a tracking number which has been promised but not provided.

It appears that Rob no longer works at G-werks so no one is answering the phone so unless you are lucky it rings through to answer phone.

I tried all day yesterday (Tuesday) to contact Darren and finally spoke to someone who could not help me as "Darren deals with Superchargers and is with a customer. He will

call you back" I did not receive a call back.

So today is Wednesday and I start the whole process again of phoning and not getting an answer.....

I have tried emailing but never get an answer, so now I have to resort displaying my issues on a forum. I do not doubt G-werks ability to carry out the engineering side of

this order but sadly the mechanics of placing it in a box and posting it back seam to be out of reach, but to complete the order that simple bit has to be done.

I know a few of you on here will post back that you have not had any issues, well I myself have had work done in the past that I have been more than happy with. Its not about

that its about the current unfinished/missing work.

I now have a car without an MOT (as this has gone on so long) or a supercharger or any photos of the work carried and I have also paid out for the work to be done.

Disappointing. Hopefully Darren or someone from G-Werks can read this and give you an appropriate update.

Unfortunately I had the same issue many times when I dealing with g werks. In fact everyone of my friends who has dealt with g werks has had the same problem. Needless to say we don't use or recommend them now.

Pity

Dude i have had the EXACT same problem with them. They had mine in for a stage 4 rebuild, said 5 days, and took nearly six weeks. Id paid for it over two weeks before getting it back. VERY disappointing. Although, upon venting my unhappyness with the situation, Darren had agreed to throw in a 68mm pulley, and shorter belt which did sweeten the deal but has still left me feeling somewhat bitter of the whole process. Like you, i didnt really want to vent this on a forum but after a while, the situation is soooo draining. Hope you work it out mate.

Dude i have had the EXACT same problem with them. They had mine in for a stage 4 rebuild, said 5 days, and took nearly six weeks. Id paid for it over two weeks before getting it back. VERY disappointing. Although, upon venting my unhappyness with the situation, Darren had agreed to throw in a 68mm pulley, and shorter belt which did sweeten the deal but has still left me feeling somewhat bitter of the whole process. Like you, i didnt really want to vent this on a forum but after a while, the situation is soooo draining. Hope you work it out mate.

Its the complete lack of comunication that I find so annoying. When I have managed to talk to Darren he's freindly enough, its hard not to like the guy, but why tell me the charger has been sent and he has pictures of the porting to send when it seams thats not the case. As I stated in my last unanswered email to G-werks:-

"In the absence of any information regarding my delivery I can only make the assumption that the charger has either - not left G-Werks, been lost in transit or even damaged while at G-Werks. I also cannot understand:-

1. Why this has gone on so long when we originally agreed on a 5 day turnaround from receipt at G-Werks to delivery to me (you have had this since the 1st June)
  2. Why it seams so difficult to send me the photos of the porting.
  3. Why it seams so difficult to send me a tracking number for my delivery.

G-Werks have a good name in the industry for what they do which is why I do not understand the reason the customer service has been so disappointing, or why I have had to resort to writing sh1ty emails!

Can you please acknowledge receipt of this email and urgently get in touch with me about this? I would also be interested to hear your thoughts on the above points."

Sadly no reply yet to the above...............

Its so weird reading this because it is everything thats happened to you happened to me, the un-returned call, un-answered emails, pretty rubbish communication in general and whoever you speak to doesnt seem to know whats going on. No to mention the endless broken promises of it being sent, then not, confusing it whith one that has been sent. Also, like you, i was seriously gutted because they are very reputable within the scene, and know what they're doing. it was the communication, and broken promises that let me down. Darren seems like a great guy when you get him on the phone, which is hard then to not unload on him about the situation. Even after having the charger back, i still had to chase them for another two weeks for the warranty paperwork. it is literally a click on an email or a letter in a posbox. I couldnt understand it. All i can say is keep hounding them, they seem to be either too busy, or more interested in other things to see the whole process through. I dont want to bad mouth them, and would possibly buy from them again, but would be seriously addressing their communication skills beforehand.

Amazingly I have paperwork, I am assuming the invoice with the mileage on its what you are talking about, I got that 2 days before the charger was supposed to be delivered.

I only use my car for 6 months of the year and it looks like 1 of those months (or even longer) its going to be sitting on the drive waiting for a charger.

If it were me and GWerks was within a hundred mies I'd be driving down there and refusing to leave until I had everything.

If it were me and GWerks was within a hundred mies I'd be driving down there and refusing to leave until I had everything.

I agree that if you are that un happy you need to sometimes take the bull by the horns, but on the other hand why should he be put out of pocket for their poor service......simply not good enough - its just a shame you had to pay up front !!

Its about 100 miles each way and I have considered that but its a day off work without pay as I am self employed. Hardly seams fair does it?

Did you pay by credic card? They are jointly liable under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974. You can seek redress from them too. They may be more responsive.

Is Darren on Holiday or something? Any shows he might be at?

Not trying to make excuses but I know a couple of other companies like this, brilliant guys in person, but they're not businessmen as such because it was a hobby that turned into a business. One such company clears off to Waterfest or on holiday with no prior warning and you're left waiting, but you assume the worst!! Communication is so easy and quick to do, and yet so many companies are so p1ss poor at it, especially in America. All it would take is a "No, sorry, you've caught me with my pants down, you charger's not done yet" to calm your anxiety....

Very Sad when you see a very reputable company loose business because of something so simple.Start of bad rep is very hard to loose will end up going down TSR lines which ill never use.

Its a company at the end of the day,you pay to have a service done.If the the service is not satisfactory,ask for your money back or report it to trade standards.During a reacession you really dont want to loose business.But theyre forcing you to do so!!

.........All it would take is a "No, sorry, you've caught me with my pants down, you charger's not done yet" to calm your anxiety....

I owe my own company and I take the attitude that inevitably things dont always go to plan, so when you are honest and explain this to customers almost all are excepting and reasonable - it baffles me when other companies don't employ this attitude.

Getting caught with your pants down is however pretty difficult to admit sometimes !!

yeh i tried g-werks for some some new kw perches, phoned tham about 8 times with no reply even after leaving messages, made one phone call to tueningworks and spoke to Reuben there, and two days later the perches were on my doorstep.

will never phone g-werks again.

Like it has been said, Darren is a likeable chap, but that only goes so far with poor customer service. That Rob chap was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. If I had a secretary like that I would kick his a@se into touch.

Good luck with getting it sorted, consider it a lesson learnt

Did you pay by credic card? They are jointly liable under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974. You can seek redress from them too. They may be more responsive.

No Debit card I am afraid

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Like it has been said, Darren is a likeable chap, but that only goes so far with poor customer service. That Rob chap was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. If I had a secretary like that I would kick his a@se into touch.

Good luck with getting it sorted, consider it a lesson learnt

I always found Rob ok to deal with, well at least he answered the phone.....

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Is Darren on Holiday or something? Any shows he might be at?

Not trying to make excuses but I know a couple of other companies like this, brilliant guys in person, but they're not businessmen as such because it was a hobby that turned into a business. One such company clears off to Waterfest or on holiday with no prior warning and you're left waiting, but you assume the worst!! Communication is so easy and quick to do, and yet so many companies are so p1ss poor at it, especially in America. All it would take is a "No, sorry, you've caught me with my pants down, you charger's not done yet" to calm your anxiety....

No he is there, well not sure about today as I did not make contact with anyone. Your right in what you say it wouldn't take long for a quick update to put my mind at rest. In reality if I had known he would have the charger for so long I would have sent it in the winter when the cars off the road.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

I owe my own company and I take the attitude that inevitably things dont always go to plan, so when you are honest and explain this to customers almost all are excepting and reasonable - it baffles me when other companies don't employ this attitude.

Getting caught with your pants down is however pretty difficult to admit sometimes !!

I am also self employed and yes you are right sometimes things don't go as planned, but its all about keeping the customer up to speed with whats going on. As you probably know the difference between business to bussiness saless and dealing with the public is the payment terms and the public pay upfront not 30 days or more after.

Even if you've paid my debit card, you can still get your money back.

Give your bank a call.

I had problems with an audio company recently, who took my money and didn't deliver... Had to wait 31 days from the date the money was debited before the bank started proceedings

I've sent Darren a text to make him aware of this thread. Hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

Thanks for your efforts yesterday, still no contact from Darren.....

What a pain in the behind. I suppose you now have to consider an onsite visit to at least get your charger back, if nothing else? That's fuel cost and travel hassles for you on top of everything else, you have my sympathies!

I know Darren is online 'somewhere' because he's been sending out Linkedin invites, so he must have seen your emails. Did you use MS Outlook? I always use that as you can request a read receipt, so you at least know it's been read.

Good luck!

What a pain in the behind. I suppose you now have to consider an onsite visit to at least get your charger back, if nothing else? That's fuel cost and travel hassles for you on top of everything else, you have my sympathies!

I know Darren is online 'somewhere' because he's been sending out Linkedin invites, so he must have seen your emails. Did you use MS Outlook? I always use that as you can request a read receipt, so you at least know it's been read.

Good luck!

Yes I always use Outlook and ask for a delivered + read recept. Thats ok but you can set it up so that your prompted before sending out the read receipt so its easy to hide...