Topaz2008

Ok G-WERKS i give up!!

Yeah that's true. Oh well, he's been alerted to this situation so I guess all we can do is wait for him to contact you.

What a pain in the behind. I suppose you now have to consider an onsite visit to at least get your charger back, if nothing else? That's fuel cost and travel hassles for you on top of everything else, you have my sympathies!

I know Darren is online 'somewhere' because he's been sending out Linkedin invites, so he must have seen your emails. Did you use MS Outlook? I always use that as you can request a read receipt, so you at least know it's been read.

Good luck!

I am connected with him on Linkedin, so have sent him a message. I think that exhausts all forms of instant communication now!

Such a pain when this sort of thing happens. But to just echo what Joebloggs confirmed previously, you should still seek reimbursement from your bank. Most debit cards are now Visa debit cards, whilst you dont have protection under section 75 of the consumer credit act, you do have some form of protection under the Visa Chargeback Scheme regulations.

Just check the card you paid with is a Visa debit card. Then contact your bank and confirm that you want them to undertake a service not received chargeback against G werks. Some banks require you to send in a letter confirming what agreement you entered into with G-Werks and what the service was and when it should have been provided. It would also be best if you forward a copy of any receipt invoice etc to your bank as well. Lastly also provide your bank with copies of your emails to

G-werks chasing them and attempting to resolve the matter.

So I guess the only bit of goods news is that as long as you paid with a Visa Debit card there should be no problems whatsoever getting your money back through your bank.

I am connected with him on Linkedin, so have sent him a message. I think that exhausts all forms of instant communication now!

There really is no excuse then in that case!

As a final resort - you could send a letter - recorded delivery- so you have proof of posting.

I would list the details of the phone calls and other communications you have made and problems they have caused, plus your out of pocket expenses including your time at your Self Employed Rate - then provide them with options - to complete the job you contracted to them in a certain time frame, or to re-imburse you with your payment plus your costs etc. I would also include a - Failure to apply to the above - will result in Court Costs- as you have no option to follow that route.

I too am self employed and get really mad at people costing me money through their inability to get the job done in a professional manner.

Someone commented earlier - its their hobby which has gone into business- that is absolutely No Excuse - and given the poor service and now bad name they have on this forum - probably will return to a hobby.

I wish you Good Luck with getting this resolved - quickly.

Are you aware you can have a 20 minute FOC time with a solicitor - who will do this on your behalf - I do not have the up to date info on this - but worth a quick call to a solicitor

I have an update!

Earlier I received an email and a missed call + message form Darren (sods law, been after him for days and missed his call!). I also have pictures of the porting work and a tracking number for the delivery (apparently the charger had been sent back as undelivered to the end user the first time). The tracking number is for the new delivery sent out today. On top of that an offer of a £75 credit note and apologies for not getting back to me as he had been off sick and has only just read my emails....

Well, lets hope it turns up tomorrow.....

I will let you all know.

Someone commented earlier - its their hobby which has gone into business- that is absolutely No Excuse - and given the poor service and now bad name they have on this forum - probably will return to a hobby.

That someone being me :D Like I said, I wasn't making excuses for them, merely trying to be neutral and mention that G-Werks aren't the only company who behave like this. There are other "enthusiasts first, businessmen second" type companies out there who are just as bad, if not worse. That can sometimes be a good thing though. Would anyone give VW a supercharger to rebuild or modify?! Hell no. But not on this occasion, the business side is letting them down.

If you've been watching the current series of The Apprentice, what the Sugary one said was true: "I've yet to meet an engineer who can turn his hand to business" when he fired Glenn.

EDIT: Good news Topaz! He came through in the end!

Edited by Kevin Bacon

All well and good, and fingers crossed it should turn up within a day or two! its couriered, so should take no longer than that. Good for Darren to do that, as he did with me. But it should never have happened in the first place, it absolutely takes the **** their lack of communication. i think they're probably good guys at heart, but need to work on customer relations, especially as they're trying to run a business!!

If you've been watching the current series of The Apprentice, what the Sugary one said was true: "I've yet to meet an engineer who can turn his hand to business" when he fired Glenn.

Yes I saw that last night as well and it did make me think..

Thanks for your efforts yesterday, still no contact from Darren.....

glad this is all in the process of getting resolved.. I did get a reply to the text yesterday saying he had been off sick but would contact the workshop, however I couldn't reply as I was working.

I can assure you it'll all be worth it once the chargers ran in!

i had the same problem with the same company, came up with excuse after excuse.

took 6 weeks to come back and they even overcharged me.

sad to see they havnt got there act together. hardly suprising they only seem to recieve bad press now.

Topaz2008- I seem to remember exchanging a few pms with you about a very similar experience I had. Did you have that 'Specsavers' moment?- 'Should've gone to DG Autotech!!!' :)

It's odd that all the complaints seem to be the same problem. Not admitting to cock ups and not getting back to customers. Let's hope they can turn it around and get their reputation back. I'm afraid to say I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first few times, but I will be sending to my charger to JMR next time it needs a service.

g wreckers.

had 2 charger of them both were lost in post... how funny.... to be lost surely you have to send them.?

as to answering phone and speaking to rob... what a ~@~@!

i considered writing a book...... 101 g-werkes excuses.

Topaz2008- I seem to remember exchanging a few pms with you about a very similar experience I had. Did you have that 'Specsavers' moment?- 'Should've gone to DG Autotech!!!' :)

It's odd that all the complaints seem to be the same problem. Not admitting to cock ups and not getting back to customers. Let's hope they can turn it around and get their reputation back. I'm afraid to say I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first few times, but I will be sending to my charger to JMR next time it needs a service.

I had planned a DG live remap but sadly Dave has moved on. I did catch up with him on here but nothing concrete yet. Yes I remember our PM's :)

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

The charger turned up today and is now fitted and running. Just 250 "driving Miss Daisy" miles to do before I can test it out properly :) So we got there in the end.

Yes I saw that last night as well and it did make me think..

After thinking about this I will go with James Dyson.

ive heard some shocking tales latley that i cant repeat atm , darren its a shame you let it slip like this there was a time when anyone you spoke to would send a g60 owner your way , i dont think thats the case now

What steveo29 said really. real shame, I would recommend the products they offer, but the service is something left to be desired. Hopefully it can be turned around.

Nothing new here tbh, I gave up recommending g-werks a couple of years ago after they messed around the third person in a row that I'd put their way - it seemed like all I would hear offline was tales of terrible service and stuck up attitudes towards customers who weren't considered cool enough to be worth bothering with yet all you'd read online was that gwerks were the company to use. Seems a real shame as gwerks used to be the only company you could really trust with your G- lader :(

EDIT - it may help anyone struggling to get a response to try looking on e38 and sending a pm on there, that's how my mate managed to get contact a while back .

Edited by Walesy

I do find it slightly interesting that there has been literally no effort by the G-Werks lot to come and put their position over on the forum. If that were my company I'd not only want to address peoples concerns and criticisms, but also look to be seen taking such concerns seriously!

This isn't edition38 though jim, we are not scene enough anymore.

Walesy, the reason I never bothered saying anything bad on here was because you would get beaten down by the g werks fans. I bet 80% of the people on here who would recommend them have never been there. Myself, I would tell anyone that asked the truth of my experiences. They wouldn't go there after that.

Like it has been said, Darren is a nice enough bloke, but the service is rubbish. Shame

This isn't edition38 though jim, we are not scene enough anymore.

Walesy, the reason I never bothered saying anything bad on here was because you would get beaten down by the g werks fans.

I think that pretty much sums it up mate, it's the same reason I never bothered posting about it, i just stopped recommending them.