lukeyy

vr6 smokey exhaust and smells of petrol.

Hey,

Having a few issues with my vr, well i might just be being paranoid as the car developed a misfire yesterday which weirdly disappeared after letting the car cool down last night and no sign of any misfiring on a long run today. :s after a long drive today the car was fine, pulling strong with no misfires and was fast and responsive.

However after looking in my rearview mirror whilst cruising at around 60mph i noticed occasional smoke when the throttle is pressed, just occasional. not like major smokiness but noticable. i was worried as i thought it was the dreaded blue smoke, instead its white, on over run when coming down through gears through town and coming down hills it'll smoke. if given a sharp right foot and a booting no smoke comes out though. i gave it a load as i came out of town and no smoke whilst going up through the gears, just changing down and stopping.

I recently put a decat pipe on, which i noticed made it alot smokier and smells more of petrol. When i pulled up i left the car to idle with occasional revving to see if it'd smoke but none came out. :S

Maybe i'm just being paranoid and theres no problem, but if anybody could shed any light on this issue your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Luke

What did you do with teh Lambda when you put the decat on, or was you able to screw the lambda into the decat pipe?

White smoke is usually water, so odd that you get white smoke on over run. normally blue smoke on overrun would indicate oil. Was the car up to temp when tat happened?

Is it still running ok and using the same amount of fuel as before? Does sound like it could be faulty lambda making it run rich. Is it like this vid 1m10sec in?

cheers for reply man, i think ive found the problem... valve stem seals. it was blueish looking smoke. gonna check sparkplugs tomorrow see if there oily. it does still puff out white smoke though, so might look into lambda as last emissions test was fairly high.