Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

VR6 engine number - ABV000000 ???

Just occurred to me as I saw a VR6 engine's number somewhere - mine's marked on the log book as ABV000000 - is that right :? Is there an actual serial number stamped on the engine itself anywhere?

I thought it was a bit odd when I bought the car, but the HPI check brought up the same engine number too, and I never got round to hunting for a number on the engine itself... :?

The engine number is on the side of the head just above the block, on the pulley side.

ABV000000 doesn't sound right or feasible to me, especially as you have a late car. Maybe the DVLA use all zeros if they have no engine number data?

Mine's a 94 and has engine number ABV010763, which tallies up with the head stamp.

K

Hmmmmmmmm, I'm wondering if the engine was changed early in the car's life under warranty or something? (Was "owned" by a dealer for the first few months of its life...) :?

Engine number printed on the sticker at the pulley end is ABV017899-23-5-95 which fits with the car's build date of Jun '95 - still a bit fishy as to why the logbook shows 000000 ??? :? :?: