Slimg60

Vibra Tech Engine Mounts

I've searched through the forum and couldnt find an answer.

I'm looking at replacing my tired engine mounts with Vibra Tech ones.

Is there much difference between road and competion mounts? Are they worth the extra dosh and are they suitable for daily road use?

I dont mind a little extra vibration but if it's going to take my fillings out then I'll go with the road mounts :D

They're awesome on my car, I've got competition front and fast road rear & gearbox mounts. You do get a little extra vibes but its worth it for the handling increase....

The one thing I would say is the competition ones are very hard, I wouldn't go competition all round.

Ive had these combos on my car over the past few years:

front - solid bbm item

gearbox - mk2 diesel

rear - mk2 diesel

front - vibratechnics mk2 golf vr6 conversion

gearbox - mk2 diesel

rear - mk2 diesel

gearbox - vibratechnics fast road

rear - mk2 diesel

gearbox - vibratechnics fast road

rear - vibratechnics fast road

gearbox - mk2 diesel

rear - vibratechnics fast road

For your car i would recommend a solid front with new front member bushes, diesel rear and diesel gearbox (cheaper option) or vibratechnics heavy duty front mount with new front member mounts, vibratechnics fast road rear and a diesel gearbox mount. The front mount needs to be beefy as your running high power and the turbo actuator is close to the bulk head, also that fragile turbo manifold needs as little engine twist movement as possible.

If im honest there is not a lot of difference between the feel of the vibratechnics fast road mounts and the mk2 diesel mounts.

Oh and i wouldn't bother with a vibratechnics fast road gearbox mount they have to much movement in them mk2 diesel will be fine. ;)

Yeh I was worried about the turbo.

Already have the Mk2 desiel gearbox mount, so think I'll go Competion front mount and fast road rear.

There is now only 1 VAG gearbox mount that covers all MK2s and Corrados. If there is a "diesel mk2" one then it will be of GSF origin and will be sheeet! As Mic says, the best combo is Comp front, FR rear and gbox.... but the gearbox one transmits the most vibes into the cabin by far.