Vw.bones

Sunday morning door overhaul....

Hay guys nothing out of the ordinary but just thought I would share my Sunday morning work with you all.Had my Rado about a month now and loving it 101000 miles valver moonlight blue will get round to putting up a few pics.

Anyway had a annoying rattle from my driver side door so this morning was my time to sort it...removed the door car (how easy do they come off but how tedious are they to go back on first time :bonk:) water shield had clearly been part opened before so a gentle peel back inside door panels in great condition full inspection-nothing untoward found good news...so eventually found a connecting plug hanging and knocking on the bare metal panel jesus inside the car sounded like an elephant was coming through the door...anyway secured said plug cleaned and lubed every thing that moves plenty of Mr sheen on the window rollers WD is fab but for all my electric windows I use Mr Sheen great lube and doesnt run off over time....

Tweeked the sound proofing on the door card and added a little extra sticky backed felt to the door lock trigger nicely secure now replaced door card fixings re silicone d the water shield and reassembled all before lunch time and cooked a chilli with braised rice and warm tortillas phewwww a man shouldnt have to work this hard on his day off :thumbleft:

Good work, its the little things that make the difference! When you say Mr sheen on the rollers, do you mean the rollers or the channels the windows slide in? I always put grease on my rollers.

Defo correct on the little things they count for so much and just add to the driving pleasure....nothing better than a valver growling down the road and the car is free from squeaks and rattles....I use a little spray grease first and then plenty of Mr Sheen.....I have found that heavy grease can attract gubbins and dust over time which if you are really unlucky binds up the works...thanks for the reply Andy.

Will do tbf I have got some on my camera for the agreed insurance details so ill move then over tomo eve.

Bones