dalhalvaig

Don't Make Him Do It

I cant honestly believe some people. I can understand breaking a car if the engine has gone kaput. but breaking a car just because of a wiring issue, which we all know can be a pain in the ass. But i dont think it justifies breaking it and actually shows some owners arent prepared to own a car like the Corrado.

If we all broke our cars cos of an on going problem there'd be no Corrado's on the road anymore - we've all had them at some point.

I'd be careful, sometimes simple issue's are not so simple. I bought my first corrado with a broken alternator and flat battery, funny that the car wouldn't start with a jump pack and the oil was full of water. One engine rebuild later and the car started fine with the same alternator and battery.

If he was that bothered he would have the soldering iron out or be on here looking for a new loom and as far as im concerned they are pretty easy to come buy if its the engine loom. I've got one kicking about in my garage!!!

or maybe he has no idea about wiring or fixing wiring, and the thought of replacing the wiring loom is too daunting. Or having an auto electrician/garage do the job will be massively expensive.

The idea of replacing the wiring loom on my car does not excite me, and I know what i'm doing. So for someone with no mechanical or electrical knowledge it must be terrifying

That's what makes me think... is it THAT simple. Just seems a bit vague, not saying its a lie but after previous experience i'm not such a trusting person anymore with self diagnosis. The guy could be totally genuine and it could be an easy fix and I would be happy to see another corrado saved, just saying to people not to go expecting a 5 minute quick swap over of looms. If it is, smiles all round though and its a bargain!

I can appreciate that, as its daunting to me too. But to break a car cos of an issue that surely could be resolved is to the extreme imo.

if that person has no idea what to do to fix it, and a garage has said it needs a new wiring loom which £xxxx's, breaking it may be the best option for that person. one mans simple fix is anothers knightmare

in that case the best option would be to sell it and let someone else try to fix the problem. The buyer may just break it themselves but thats not something youre going to have control over. But we are all speculating, even me, going on the lack of information the seller has provided.

Sorry i just hate seeing Corrado's being broken. It looks a fine example too, he said himself it worked perfectly fine before the issue.

in that case the best option would be to sell it and let someone else try to fix the problem.

He says in the advert that he would sell it. I think in this current climate of cars selling for peanuts and folk scrounging the earth for parts he may have a better chance of getting some money back braking it. Some one e-mail him and tell him to get his flabby ass onto the forum and get that loom changed.

Yep /\. New owner takes car away, fixes the wiring loom only to find the motor starts in a cloud of blue smoke and sounds like a bus.

"Sorry mate, sold as seen."