Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Ecotek valves?

I have a 1.8 16valve corrado and i was just wondering if its ok to use one of these ecotek valves on it. I had one on my 1.6 golf but i just wanted to see if anyone else has used one on their corrado? Thanks guys

From what I've read on other forums, they're a waste of money. One of my mates fitted one to his 8V GTI, & it actually failed on emissions.

No difference when fitted, apart from the gurgling noise.

I know one of the guys from the club who has one on his 16v C. So I would guess they are OK to use.

I have heard mixed reports on them.

A friend with a civic said it made so much noise on idle that he had to take it off.

Cheapest place to buy I remember is direct. But dont quote me on that I was thinking about getting one a while back.

http://www.ecotekplc.com/

HTH

Ive got one on mine, the noise was annoying and I was going for a long drive one day so I tightened it right up so it didnt do anything. That was about 18 months ago and I never bothered adjusting it again.

Ill give it a go again tommorow and let you know if theres any noticeable difference.

Ok, on Friday I put an injector cleaner in my car and adjusted my ecotek properly. The next day I gave the car a good thrash to Aberdeen, thrashed it even more trying to keep up with vr6storm, then belted it back home, about 330 miles total for the day.

Tonight I drove home the short journey from work where I usually get about 16-17 mpg (its a very short journey where the car barely gets up to temp). Tonights fuel consumption was exactly 20mpg. Ive never had it that good on this journey and the car definately feels smoother.

Something above improved the consumption and I tend to think that it was the Ecotek doing exactly as it says.

i've used one in the past,not on a dub, and as long as you set it correctly as per instructions they work fine,don't think they give you more bhp but they deffo give better mpg and smother running on the cars i have used with one fitted,

regards kevin :shock: