Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Whens my luck going to change?

Starter motor went at the weekend! F**&K!!! The cars really starting to pi55 me off now. Anyone want to buy a nice G60 for 5k - MANY new parts, no expense spared!

you dont have good luck do you mate

give me a shout if you want it done, can do this weekend if you like

or give you a 100 for the car :-P

I think between you and PhilK... well... I think you have worse luck than me. And thats saying something.

Sorry to hear the badluck mate, cars at that age/mileage were bits need replacing, don't get to facked of yet!!! :|

Your luck only changes when you flog your VAG car and buy something Japanese or French and *younger*..

Clio 172.. i'd go french again for one of those! :)

hmmmm had a bit of a play with one of those on a local road coming back from the AGM, I wasn't going flat out to begin with but was quite surprised he kept up well on the straights and through the twisties. Soon saw him off though when I decided to really boot it he he spoilers up bye bye :fist: :lol:

My mate has just got his clio 182, it's a nice car, but it lacks that X factor. It's only really older cars that do it for me - which it a pain cos your always going to be spending on an old car.

Update on my luck for those that are interested.........

I was fitting my G-werks boost return kit last night, carefully putting it together so to keep everything nice & clean & looking smart. I started the car up & love the sound difference :D . I just let it idle so to warm up while I packed the tools away. I was going to get the mrs to film me so I had some footage of the noise difference to show you all, but before I got that far the car started getting a little tappy. I promptly switched the car off, then the mrs says can you hear that, it sounds like running water??? I have a quick look under the bonnet, nothing, under the car....... 5hit! oil every where! After closer inspection the oil feed to the charger must have taken a knock when I was taking the old pipes off & had a small hole in it. There was oil all dripping over the gear box,. That was too close!!! (Me Mum wasn't too chuffed either, we have just sold our house & now it has half an engines worth of oil all over the drive :| )

How much am I looking at for an oil feed? & where from? I'll start calling about at lunch, but if anyone know where will be the cheapest/best then it's a good start,

Cheers

I think between you and PhilK... well... I think you have worse luck than me. And thats saying something.

Cheers Jim :lol:

Dan, sounds like our C's were separated at birth - mine REALLY pi$$es me off too!

And to top it off, pulled out of my drive sunday morning to head up to the AGM and hit my neighbour - mine's not too bad but I think I'll be giving him my new stereo money to pay for his damage :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry to here that Phil. My cars really testing me at the moment. It just plan and simply fu(ks me off cos it just keeps braking. I know it's at that age now where a a number of things are likely to go...... but just how many more things are there!!!!

When it gets to this stage I feel like just cutting my losses & selling it, I've plowed a lot of money in to it lately, & it's not giving me anything back. I know I'll get decent money when the right person comes along but I look at it & it just gives me that "I'm too pretty to sell" or "you won't find another one like me very fast" look.

The other day I thought I'd made up my mind to let her go, but now I'm not so sure :roll:

u guys have nothing on me :lol:

Ive had so much go, on my car ive replaced it all

and even then it only took a twat to reverse into my car just 1 week of finishing it all so ive had to do it all again

Come back to me when u have 2 dead engine, 1 cracked head, 2 water paumps, 3 startermotors, 3 gear boxes and 4 resprays (two are bare metal ones) under ur belts lol

and that doesnt even include the modifing parts :(

and now ask me why im single lol

LOL!! Now that's the epitome of patience

Doing that many gearboxes & engines, you've got to change your driving style I think :shock:

I've alredy lost one long term girlfriend over a car. The current one is much more understanding (lucky for her LOL!! )

my corrado not my girl friend she's just my lover i see on the weekends lol ;)

also yeah i have gone through a few engines but not all in my corrado remember ive had more cars but mainly the corrado

but this time ive made sure im building it correctly and i have no complaints so far :)

and understandad woman lol thats a good one (as i run before i get shouted at :lol:)

Dan - are you being tempted back to the RS scene? i think i can hear it in your tone!! Its a tough one i know - ive always either had a dub or an RS, and i usuanlly alternate between the two!!

Im tempted now to go back to an RS - but i do love my C!! and ive spent a few quid on it now and im reluctant to just chop in a good car cos im bored/used to it - so what i intend to do is have both!! :D

im gonna look for a nice series 1 - maybe one that needs a bit of work, but i think thats 90% of the fun of having these sorts of cars is the tinkering and playing about with them. once their done to a certain point, i lose a bit of interest - so im gonna have both a turbo and a supercharger, then hopefully if i get bored with one, i'll just use the other for a while. 2 totally different drives, should keep the boredom/frustration at bay for a while! 8)

Hi Dave,

I'd love another RS mate, my Red Tubs was definatly by far my best car I've had. I got rid of the RS to get something a little more reliable & cheaper :roll: My work is now a 60 mile round trip, so I duno if an RS is going to be the best solution right now. I need to get saving for a house really, so I should get something a little cheaper..... I'm still all :? :?: :? :?: at the moment. Any idea's what to get?

The cars still broke on my drive at till I get home. New oil feed tonight - if someone was home to sign for it :roll: then starter motor & 2 more tyres on sat.

Wish I could keep my car & have an RS! That would be wicked! I'm so jelous! :mrgreen:

I really do understand your predicament Dan, im not exactly rolling in it, and cant afford to just go out and buy another car. I too have other things to do other than empty my wallet every month on the car. I think you just need to set some priorities, as much as i love cars, there is more to life out there, which i am coming to realise now. I need to buy a house, but that aint gonna happen till ive spent a while in australia, all require muchos $$$$

If i happen to stumble across a cheap series 1 along the way, then so be it, but it aint gonna rule my life! maybe put the car on the backburner for a while, get yaself a cheap old smoker with a years ticket on it and just drive it till it wont drive no more, or until you got some more bucks in ya pocket. i use an old diesel van for work everyday, aint spent a peny on it for nearly a year, but i still got my C to look at and drive when i feel like it.

Maybe just dont use the C as a daily driver till youve got a house

Your luck only changes when you flog your VAG car and buy something Japanese or French and *younger*..

Yeah you get bored too as nothing to fix :-P