Kempy

Drivers window regulator wanted

My electric window on the driverside have packed in, The window came down and hasnt gone back up since, unless I prop it up. Been looking at a few threads and would hope to not have buy any expensive parts.

Anybody got these bits? :thumbleft:

Thanks

Edited by Kempy

dont know tbh. the window worked fine then the next day it didnt. From reading other posts I'd say its the mech but cant be sure, I had just a clicking noise from near the CL pump and Ive not touched the button since then. Any advise would be great

Have you taken the door card off yet ? If you unplug the window motor,you can temporary run a new live and earth to the plug,this will tell you what's working,and what isn't !

It maybe one of the cables that has broken

Not 100%sure but it sounds like your motors packed up ! You will be needing one of these

5284f8c2-a970-22cf.jpg

Usually sell for £30-£40. You might want to change your wanted title to window regulator wanted

Good luck

Yep,thats the one,try and save your rubber mountings when you take it out,still available(number 7 in pic) as they are £6 +vat each

I just bought one of these off ebay. It you got the extra money worth it as its a more solid piece of kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Driver-Side-Window-Regulator-Motor-New-/300565291284?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45fb166114

IIRC thats the part used to convert manual to electric windows ?

Is the wiring the same ? have you fitted it yet ?

dont need motor. Ive taken it apart and the cable was snapped and was in caught in the cogs inside the motor, motor worked nicely. I wonder if I can just get the cable new from vag icon_question.gif

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I just bought one of these off ebay. It you got the extra money worth it as its a more solid piece of kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Driver-Side-Window-Regulator-Motor-New-/300565291284?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45fb166114

does this not use cables in the same way as the oem ones?

I aint fitted it yet mate. But should get a look at it over the next couple of weekends. Hopefully it's a straight swap as the auction stated is was specifically made for the corrado. Someone will be getting a very hard time if it doesn't though!!

cheers guys I just picked one up off a mate, should get it fitted tomorrow, what kinda rivets will i need?