jhey

Dam Rusty Headlamp screws

Hey guys,

I've just gone to throw some new H4s in as my offside light seems to be dimmer.

My nearside top bolts are bearable and come off but the one lower in the slam panel and the complete set of offside bolts are rusted/rounded/screwed(no pun intended)

Any ideas on the best way to remove these and where to get replacement in the UK?

Had thought of chiselling the top and using a flathead?

Take the slam off for better access and maybe try pliers / irwins but mask off so you don't scratch the slam panel.

Stainless steel is the only way to go really... I use No. 10 x 16mm for the tops and I think the middle ones are 25mm - Screwfix sell them

Yes I am capable of using Google, just their might of been something more useful than that. I am not the most competent with car mechanic soo .... risky manouevre ;) Thanks anyway.

I had the same problem, took the air filter/battery out and used a small hacksaw to cut a flat head screw groove, lots of wd40 and it's out.

Had the same problem on my headlights, as the third screw that sits deep were really susty. I gave it som wd40, found a almost fitting philips screwdriver, a little dap with a hammer, and then a little larger screwdriver preddes somewhat hard from above. They came loose. Replaced with stainless philipsscrews.

Cheers,

Redfox.

I had this problem last weekend. The nearside bulb you can do without removing the headlight, little bit cramped for space but not too difficult. The offside bulb, you need to move the airbox out of the way, then again you can get access to the back of the headlight to change the bulb.