harryc

TSI Rocco is here! Good bye VR6 :( Pics P3

Currently at Sandhurst and within 12hrs of being released I found myself in VW Twickenham putting a deposit down on a 2yr old Scirocco TSI GT!! Had a fantastic test drive and fell in love with the looks the first time I ever saw the car.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used/search/#width@926|height@2358

As a result the VR is up for sale :( Its a sad day but I think its the right choice, time for me to look at some thing more sensible that can get over speed bumps!

Anyone else gone from VR to 2.0 TSI ? I can pick it up next week when I can get the rest of the deposit togther, very excited! (already looking into Bluefin and the likes!)

Edited by harryc

Congratulations :)

Can totally understand the desire for something newer, more refined, etc etc! Be sure to stick up some piccies for us when you get it.

Rocco is v good car to live with.... nice choice!

07112009023.jpg

07112009024.jpg

I just got back in the corrado this month after over a year off the road and I'm loving it again just now though!

Gorgeous cars, and that is a lovely colour!

If they ever make one with 4 motion I'll be first in line!

Its a shame they dont do a 4wd although i was thoroughly impressed with the handling especially in sport mode. Cant wait to pick it up, just getting the vr ready for viewing and digging out various turbo parts to sell on. Running both would be ideal I just can't afford it at the mo and the rado just would't get driven :(

I do like the new Rocco but as said, shame the R wasn't 4wd.

Ps, did you get my PM Harry?

Shame to see you sell it. I know you thought about it earlier in the year. I'd have bought it at the time if you'd kept it for sale. However if you decide to split the recaros for any reason then I'd be interested.

Got a few messages re the recaros already! Nearly sold earlier in the year for an S3 but i just wasn't sold on the looks.

Quick question to those who have sold cars through ebay. Im in a bit of a rush to shift the car this week, am I likely to get the price I want on ebay or am I just better off dropping the price a bit and shifting it on here? (Its on at £3400 now)

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

^ Ignore my last question it's on the bay now anyway!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190566718128

My experience of selling cars (and motorbikes) on eBay is that you have to sell them 3 times before they actually go! So many people pull out.

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a very nice car there.

My brother ran a new rocco for 18 months and loved every minute of it. Then he sold it to his girlfriend!

I think the Corrado looks better then the new Rocco - personally.

I would have gone down the Porsche Cayman route for the type of money being spent !!!

I think the Corrado looks better then the new Rocco - personally.

I would have gone down the Porsche Cayman route for the type of money being spent !!!

Around £25k for a new GT TSI, and £30k for a R (if you could buy one). not exactly the £40k for a basic cayman.......

Rocco 'R' is awesome!!!!

Dreams!!!!

It's not bad! Just when you look at what it costs, it becomes hard to comprehend. I spent a weekend driving one courtest of VW's Press Office - performance was excellent and it was comfortable and accomplished. But 30k FFS... I keep saying it but you're 6k away from a brand new Porsche Boxster!! The Scirocco was always meant to be an affordable sports coupe - pricing yourself that close to Porsche isn't, IMHO, affordable.

12 months ago got out of my Scirocco 1.4 with a good options spec. Sat in a R in the showroom. Looked at the price tag through the windscreen... £32k v £24k I have. 105PS, split twin exhaust and a little badge extra, ..... for extra £ 8K . Er.... no. That R badge is awfully heavy. Must be solid gold.

36k is the most basic boxster you can buy. it comes with literally an engine and seats! I just wasted some time and configured one of each to roughly the same spec, and the porsche was 42k and the vw 33k.

the porsche has very little standard equipment. 5mm wheel spacers are £235 for example!

so I don't buy the arguement that could buy a brand new boxster for 6k more than a new scirocco. Its a top of the range vw vs the lowest of the low porsche, hardly a fair comparison in my opinion

Having given mine a good spanking over the weekend I can safely say they are awesome cars. The handling is sublime and the adjustable suspension really works.

Buying mine and adding in the costs of a remap, wheels and some springs I will still be way less than half of the basic Cayman plus I have two extra seats and a decent boot. Are they worth the extra premium over a Mk5 Gti, yes.

Im even getting 35mpg average. I should have bought one years ago!!!

Having given mine a good spanking over the weekend I can safely say they are awesome cars. The handling is sublime and the adjustable suspension really works.

Buying mine and adding in the costs of a remap, wheels and some springs I will still be way less than half of the basic Cayman plus I have two extra seats and a decent boot. Are they worth the extra premium over a Mk5 Gti, yes.

Im even getting 35mpg average. I should have bought one years ago!!!

now get out! I'm not jealous or anything! :p