kwala

Where to buy Vr6 Servicing parts from?

I am going to service my Vr6 myself for the first time ever!! It has a Full service history, but, given its age 1993, and mileage 142,000, and the fact I have owned for over 10 years now!! I don't intend selling it EVER!!

I have ordered some Quantum Synta 10/40w oil, but now need to buy Air, Oil,and Petrol filters, plus Plugs, and maybe leads. Does anyone have any tips on what are the best plugs, leads, and filters, or sites where I can order them Cheaply?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Yep i can vouch for tierod69 , the ebay seller in the last link although all my service parts were genuine from TPS bar the plugs that i found on ebay as the vw ones are over specified and over priced !!

Have always bought genuine parts from tps .Personaly i would only use genuine parts . Dont know about ebay stuff .

Its not worth the risk going for an after market filter, remember to wipe some oil over the filter rubber before fitting

Ask the guy tierod69. His parts are usually OEM supplier to VW but obvious don't have the VW quality mark stamped on them. Plugs in the link I gave are obviously not NGK originals !

Petrol Filter manufacturers: SOFIMA, KNECHT, BOSCH

Oil Filter manufacturers: HENGST

Air Filter Manufacturers: MAIN, KNECHT

These are the typical suppliers so if he replies with these names, then all is definite good quality.

For instance he supplies the original OEM Brake Compensators made by ATE.

He's not one for supplying poor parts.

TPS have a promotion on service items until the end of August. Genuine stuff is so cheap its not worth bothering with aftermarket. An oil filter for my A6 was £3 and the air filter was £6.

Some TPS branches won't deal with the public, but most will. Worth giving your local one a call :)

Spark plugs were ahoy £13.77 from these guys

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/car-spark-plugs/1097/kia/picanto/1353931/p-63540-ngk-spark-plug-bkr5e-11-opie-ref-6953.aspx

Tps Canterbury for the filters came in at £27.82 for all 3.

Ordered 4x5L tubs of quantum from eBay for £59.99 delivered. Hadn't read the threads on using fully synthetic befor purchasing. Sure it will be fine though.

Think i'll leave the leads for now, the ones on the car are about 4 years old, but have done less than 6k miles. Will they be ok?

They should be fine. Worth checking their condition though.

They look fine, the rubber is nice and supple. The car is always kept in the garage, and not been used in the winter for about 4 years, so they haven't perrished. Just out of interest, for future reference, what are the best leads to use?

Standard VW, although the Beru ones from VW Spares are pretty much identical (same manufacturer) and waaaaaay cheaper ;)

Dubpower are also good quality and price. Recommended by DG Autotech.

Try to find someone who works for, or retired from working for Ford, just discovered my father in law gets 50% discount on most parts!, think galaxy v6 :)