t700bes

How big is the Raddo Fuel tank

I'm just about to swap my old clocks out for some newer ones...

The old clocks show the Gallons up to 12, but the new ones 15!!!

WTF! :)

Ooooh right!

I'm pretty sure my old speedo shows 12Gal and the new one 15gal! and my raddo is well old (1990)

So I assume I have 12 gallons! I would change the gauge over but I have new red needles on the new clocks and I've seen that you "CAN" change the needles, but from what i've read, i'll no doubt end up snapping them :)

Incidentially my new clocks actually line up with my car in regards to the rev counter.. I can rev to 7k, and my old clocks went up to 8 and only above 7k was red line, the new clocks only go up to 7k so thats more accurate :) (ABF engine)

I'm happy to have a car showing always a lil under when I fill up, its not a problem...

Ooooh right!

I'm pretty sure my old speedo shows 12Gal and the new one 15gal! and my raddo is well old (1990)

So I assume I have 12 gallons! I would change the gauge over but I have new red needles on the new clocks and I've seen that you "CAN" change the needles, but from what i've read, i'll no doubt end up snapping them :)

Incidentially my new clocks actually line up with my car in regards to the rev counter.. I can rev to 7k, and my old clocks went up to 8 and only above 7k was red line, the new clocks only go up to 7k so thats more accurate :) (ABF engine)

I'm happy to have a car showing always a lil under when I fill up, its not a problem...

The mismatch of gauge and sender will not give you a definite underfill - with the tank capacity increase also came a change in tank shape, so the gauges, senders and tanks need to be matched to get an accurate reading. If you fill the tank up it will indicate full on the gauge - it just wont read the rest of tank contents correctly throughout the entire tank.

You will probably find that the fuel gauge drops down very quickly and indicates low throughout the range - better that than over-reading I guess!

Early pre-facelift cars came with the 12 gallon (55 litres) tank, the larger 15 gallon (70 litre) tank was introduced, as Steve said, when the VR came out. The reason was that VW required a minimum range of 400 miles from any given platform (although if you get 400 miles from any Corrado you have done very well!!).

However, the early boot floors are not bigger as Mr 'charged suggests, early cars came with a full size spare wheel so the floor 'hump' is larger than the later cars with the larger fuel tanks as they came equiped with a space saver.

ah right! I also keep up half a tank anyway as I think the fuel sender might be on its way out (or the clocks were faulty). I ran out of petrol while still showing a quarter left!!

I don't spose there is a way to line it all up is there?

Early pre-facelift cars came with the 12 gallon (55 litres) tank, the larger 15 gallon (70 litre) tank was introduced, as Steve said, when the VR came out. The reason was that VW required a minimum range of 400 miles from any given platform (although if you get 400 miles from any Corrado you have done very well!!).

I am getting nearly 550 miles to a tank from my G60 at the moment, i have a late 1992 model (came with all early spec parts but late shell and fuel tank) :scratch:

Suppose mine must be from the transition from G60 to VR6

I am getting nearly 550 miles to a tank from my G60 at the moment, i have a late 1992 model (came with all early spec parts but late shell and fuel tank) :scratch:

Suppose mine must be from the transition from G60 to VR6

There is some cross over although 550 miles is good from 70 litres worth of fuel.

Is the car on a standard gearbox?

i have a bullit racing box on there with a shorter 1st,2nd,3rd standard 4th and a long 5th.... makes for really good fun in the twisty bits and good economy on the long motorway work

My G60 is 92 with late shell spacesaver spare but I'm pretty sure it has the 55 litre tank, if I try I can get about 400miles on a tank & even when indicating empty on the gauge Ive never been able to put more than about 52 litres in, the last G60s were real hybrids of old/new parts it seems.

oooh.... just noticed youre down the road from me.... didnt think there were any other G60's down this end of the world

There are just over 300 G60s now in Britain & the number is falling rapidly, not sure how many in the Bournemouth area but not that many I'm sure, owen g60 you dont say where you are, have you had yours long.

im in branksome... havent seen any in the poole/bournemouth area... 4 or 5 16V's and about 10 VR's in the area that i have seen quite a bit

I'm in St Anthonys road near Meyrick park & Cemetry junction, the rado gets used most days but usually only short journeys but I do come over to Branksome Tesco for the weekly shop, consequently lots of dinks & scrapes from the car park gremlins who seem to be unaware of the damage they cause.

Still its the original blue pearlescent paintwork so I dont worry quite so much as I used to.

Your G60 is going well at 550miles on a tank that big tank really does make a difference, does it make any difference to the performance or handling when its full?

cant say ive noticed any difference really... apart from to my wallet.... yours is possibly the same colour as mine too.... as the missus swore she saw me outside our flat when i was still at work