Sign in to follow this  
G60JAY

G60 JAY`S 16v G60

As i was looking at the picture again i noticed that you still have the stock air box on there. i don't know if you have done any mods to it or not but that was one of the first things i did when i boought my car over 8 yrs ago. i would sugguest removing it and adding a K&N or drilling the existing box out to let it breathe more.

Thats a nice engine. I am really suprised that VW didn't try and run this setup. Have you any idea of the number of horses you are running?

They did, see below.....

Only 50 of them ever made I believe. Only ever appeared in a Synchro 4 door MK2!

It was very sublte, bigger bumpers but still the pre-90 shape, G60 arches and VW motorsport badges were about all that gave the game away.

I think it produced 210bhp. It was the most powerful VW ever made for many years. I think only the current R32 beats it's power output.

K

So did you move out to Australia then Jason?

4WD 16vG60 is a wicked piece of engineering.. some of you might have seen it in the back of the PVW sometimes.. a regular at many of their group thrashes :)

Think the figure was more like 70, Kev.

Was it that many? Better recount all the Limiteds I have in my private collection then :lol:

Think the figure was more like 70, Kev.

Was it that many? Better recount all the Limiteds I have in my private collection then :lol:

If there were 70 made, then your collection of them will be worth a bit less :-P

As i was looking at the picture again i noticed that you still have the stock air box on there. i don't know if you have done any mods to it or not but that was one of the first things i did when i boought my car over 8 yrs ago. i would sugguest removing it and adding a K&N or drilling the existing box out to let it breathe more.

I know it looks standard but i wanted to keep it looking that way.The snorkel in the front of the air box has been replaced with a 3 1/2" inlet pipe so theres no probs with air flow and it helps to keep the noise down a little as it`s used daily.It does have a k&n panel filter in there tho.The engine was rollered at 260hp on a standard charger but it is now to stage 4 so it`s got a little more boost.Should be nearer 270hp now.

Hi Jim

I`m off to oz next thursday and the car should hopefully be there soon too.

awesome, think the 16vg60 conversion is absolutely wired.... :twisted:

yeah only 70...

My friend with the syncro lysholm G60 has one of the 70. I guess only like 30 or so are accounted for today. One of the most beautiful VW's I have ever seen in person.

Looks stunning, and best thing about it it still looks OE, hats off to you my friend its well worth all the sleepless nights and bruised knuckles. 8)

lovely C you have there, what a great set up. bet it puts a big grin on you'r face when you open it up! :wink: What sort of money do these C's fetch?

would be nice to know where they are now though...

nice car G60JAY, I always have alot of respect for projects like this...nice 1.....

>