jamiehamy

Scottish Corrado meet - Sun shone!

Hey, sorry been away for two days and not been checking much. Defo nothing stopping it happening.

Okay, I think we'll go with Sunday 18th September. We'll never find a date to suit everyone, so hopefully as many people can make it as possible. If you're planning working on your Rado, this is the ideal time to get some idea's or hints :)

So, date set, location next. Still WIP.

I'll PM everyone that's expressed an interest at the weekend and we can take it from there

This would of been a great excuse to get the ol girl out for a run. Shame I'll still be stuck offshore.

OKay,

I've PM'd those who have indicated interest.

Plan is to meet at 1pm on Sunday 18th at Doune Castle. We will decide on the day what we would like to do. There are nice pubs in the area, some cracking drives and other nice sights, so we have plenty to choose.

"Parking is available 275 metres from the entrance of the castle. Cars can be driven up to the castle door but would have to reverse to the car park." - Let's do a line up!

I'll be bringing a camera for some photo shoots, but the more the merrier - I'm not that great!

If anyone else wants to come along, just holler or turn up!

Finally I have a request! If anyone has a working VAGCOM cable and laptop, would they mind bringing it? My cable packed in and I need to see why the ABS light comes on intermittently!

I know it's cheesy, but lets make this happen!

Thanks, J

typical! only sunday i cant make as in newcastle for great north run,pm me please if you are arranging another meet

but i wanna live! :(

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

yeah! That would be cool...

how about meeting at doune? Theres a castle for some nice pics, some nice local pubs and lots of B roads.

Also, they have a hill climb circuit! :D

http://www.motorsportcircuits.co.uk/html/doune_hill_climb_guide.html

I loved it when the vw show used to be there, its just not the same now its in biggar...

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

OKay,

I've PM'd those who have indicated interest.

Plan is to meet at 1pm on Sunday 18th at Doune Castle. We will decide on the day what we would like to do. There are nice pubs in the area, some cracking drives and other nice sights, so we have plenty to choose.

"Parking is available 275 metres from the entrance of the castle. Cars can be driven up to the castle door but would have to reverse to the car park." - Let's do a line up!

I'll be bringing a camera for some photo shoots, but the more the merrier - I'm not that great!

If anyone else wants to come along, just holler or turn up!

Finally I have a request! If anyone has a working VAGCOM cable and laptop, would they mind bringing it? My cable packed in and I need to see why the ABS light comes on intermittently!

I know it's cheesy, but lets make this happen!

Thanks, J

I'll be there, just up the road for me.

I can bring a laptop and cable if you still need it so just let me know.

Also i'd like to ask a good friend to come along in his mk2 scirocco if thats ok? It's the most original scirocco in the uk i think, still has its factory brake pipes and ball joints!

I loved it when the vw show used to be there, its just not the same now its in biggar...

I'll be there, just up the road for me.

I can bring a laptop and cable if you still need it so just let me know.

Also i'd like to ask a good friend to come along in his mk2 scirocco if thats ok? It's the most original scirocco in the uk i think, still has its factory brake pipes and ball joints!

Yeah, bring him (or her!) along, will be nice to see a Scirocco. Cable will be great, thank you. You might be in demand!

Got 7 (i think) confirmed now, so def going ahead!

No problem, sounds like a good turnout so far.

Got both connections for the cable here and i don't mind helping out.

Look forward to seeing what a good corrado looks like and sharing some knowledge.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49152[/ATTACH]

Yup,. def going ahead, got a good few people interested.

Anyone else, don't be shy!

I'll PM those confirmed my number in case of traffic/unforeseen stuff.

Look forward to seeing what a good corrado looks like and sharing some knowledge.

You wont want to see mine then! It's a mess! :lol:

I'm not sure i'll be able to make this now... My corrado is still without new track rods after the crash and I don't have the cash to fix her until next month :(

unless anyone else from tayside wants to give me a lift?

Sorry guys! If you have fun then I'll defiantly be up for one next month though :)

Instead of show and shine we could do the opposite, extra points for the most rusty and highest millage. I'd win all day probably...

When you say crash Alex are we talking wee crash or total re-build here?

Instead of show and shine we could do the opposite, extra points for the most rusty and highest millage. I'd win all day probably...

When you say crash Alex are we talking wee crash or total re-build here?

you sure??? 169k and needing to replace EVERYTHING running gear wise just to get an MOT? and the paint.... Whoooo! don't get me started! :lol:

The crash wasn't to bad but did damage most of the under side of the car.... ran over a kerb. Need new:

1/sump

2/power steering pump

3/chin spoiler

4/ track rods and ends

Not to bad but with buying new oil and track rods I'm looking at a £100 bill just in parts. That wont happen until after i get paid on the 25th SOooo can't make it :(

Will any of thee Aberdeen lot be going near Perth?? I could meet you there and get a lift? ;)

Ouch... not too bad then. You're just ahead of me on 169k so good luck with that.

It's all good fun but, and all we can hope for is "that" one day when everything is working and nothing needs done... one day... one day...

Edited by elliott