TanVr6

Finally, got me a Corrado!!!

Hi All!

After searching and dreaming for years, bought myself a Rado!

A blackberry VR6 with a few nice mods by the looks of things. Still trying to figure out what's wot? And wot performance upgrades I should be saving for!!! ;)

All the advice n help welcome!

As I am new to The Corrado, it's my first!

Got the car on Wednesday, went to see Vince on Friday and on my way to Edition 38 today!

Hope to get some ideas n bits! Hope to see some of you guys there...

EDIT -

A clear sky! Took some pics quickly using iPhone4, sorry for the lack of quality....

More coming soon....

Edited by TanVr6
Adding pics

If you're anything like me you'll spend the next fortnight or so zooming around with a silly grin plastered all over :D

Decat exhaust and cone air filter are both cheap and easy (unless you bodge it with parts from a Peugeot like the guy I got mine off...!) I would hold off on buying stuff until you uncover all the little snags you weren't told about - I've spent the best part of £400 sorting mine so far and it's only about half done. This morning my oil temperature sensor died so now I haven't a clue what the engine's doing...

Stone

i would agree completely with stonejag on this... i am still sorting my G60 out after the previous owner neglected it.... finding something new each time i take it out... latest being a whole load of bushes that need replacing and a rust hole in my front crossmember that i can fit a tennis ball in

Yep. I kno wot u mean! Massive grin while Drivin around listening to that sweet sound!

She has a bmc cda & I believe it's a Jetex exhaust under there?

I hope I dnt have to spend too much getting it right.

The elec windows were not working. Replaced fuse twice now, and seems to be ok.

Xenons not working, ordered replacement box from Vince. And booked in a full service! Cnt take any chances!

Forget the cone air filter, seriously. Get a BMC CDA, it emphasises the VR noise even more.

EDIT - it already has a BMC? keep that :D

Some safety mods to do first - uprated headlight loom (pm KUR2Y as he at least used to make/sell them), as the standard headlights are appauling. Secondly, get some either lupo or mk1 TT wiper arms and blades, again the standard wipers are shoite. TT mk1 wipers are better then the lupo but they're also more expensive. If you do uprate the wipers you'll need 2 x drivers arms and 2 x drivers blades, regardless if its lupo or TT.

I thought the lights were OK. Most roads around here are lit ;) Agree on the wipers though - totally rubbish over 60mph, you get a huge cloudy triangle right in the middle :bonk:

Stone

well unless you ALWAYS drive on lit roads then you may get by ok with it ;) Maybe there's already a uprated loom fitted?? You can check by looking behind the lights for any extra wiring, spliced wiring, or relays.

Xenons HID kit is being sorted, just need to get the wipers sorted? Where do I get them from? eBay?

Weathers been rubbish all week n gets dark too early

So pics are not doin the C any justice!

Blackberry VR6

BMC CDA

Jetex cat back

Ecu Remap

Coilovers (not sure which ones tho) blue n silver with rust....lol

Very low mileage!

Pics are coming!!!!

Blackberry VR6

BMC CDA

Jetex cat back

Ecu Remap

Coilovers (not sure which ones tho) blue n silver with rust....lol

Very low mileage!

Pics are coming!!!!

blue n silver coilovers are normally fk esp if they are rusty lol

That answers that then

I'm guessing FK aren't very good then?

Hmmm

I better start researching for some new coilovers!

I hear a lot of mention of KW?

Unnecessary delays from the supercharger/turbo road!!!

Some FK's are good some are not, the fk konigsports are very good FK AK's are terrible, KW are very good but dont forget also about Weitecs also.

see ya soon

karl

If you want coilovers with good ride comfort i'd go for fk konigsports mate. KW's and Weitec's give better handling but are stiffer imo.

I went through the coilover debate back in April, I didn't go FK as lots of guys told me they had corroded pretty badly (at present the Corrado lives outside) I then looked at KW and just couldn't justify the cost for what is a third car, so went Weitec from Reuben at TuningWerkes. They've now done approx 3,000 miles, very happy with them and would highly recommend them for comfort, quality and adjustibility!

See I wouldn't go near the weitec's unless you care more about handling then ride comfort, I had em on my valver and tbh it was the best handling car I've ever owned but it was a bit crashy when running low where as the Konigsports were nice and comfortable even with the splitter licking the floor!

As for corrosion, coat em in copper grease and you'll be fine, just clean em every so often!

Thanks guys! I have got Fk's, it's been confirmed by the guys at Stealth! Had a full service done including

Oil & Filter

Fuel Filter

Coolant change from G11 to G12

6 Platinum Spark Plugs from a TT

Xenon HID kit loom replaced!

Brake fluid couldn't be completed as something seized on the calipers.

List of concerns:-

1. Rear bushes worn.

2. 1 wishbone, rear I think.

3. Brake pipes on rear.

4. Heatshield covering the CAT.

5. Gearbox Mount.

Not that bad considering previous owner had it garaged for most of its time during 3 years of ownership.

Mileage is still very low. Just hit 59k

Engine sounds sweet

Bodywork needs some good polish and it should be a show stopper!

Well at least for me but I am extremely fussy!

But guess that's normal as I dnt drive a Saxo or Corsa!

Dave taking my Corrado out after Service...

Edited by TanVr6
Picture added

get it round here and i will get my polisher out on her/him??

I'll be down very soon! Looking forward to giving her a good polish!

See how good she really looks!