coullstar

Lucky number 7 - sold but 911 in its place

Cover is on but colour doesnt look quite right so I'll do it again. I bought a baffled sump a long time ago so I will fit that. Also found a good condition steering wheel in the garage so I swapped that over as the original leather one was a little tired.

Got the new Brembo pads today so swapped the front discs and pads over after work. I also picked up my Corrado script mats to replace the horrible grey ones that were in it. Starting to look a lot neater now.

Hopefully get the coilovers this week as Im off Thr / Fri so I'll get them fitted. That should be it sorted, getting temped by some wheels though to sort of do a Anders Rambo style. Wish I hadnt sold those compo MO's now. Roddy.....

Im off for the next couple of days so should get time to work on the car. Cleaned and painted the front calipers along with the new discs and pads fitted. Sanded back the lower part of front arches, treated with de-ox gel, painted and waiting to dry. Not perfect but will stop the rust spreading.

Recieved my coilovers today so should get them fitted today / tomorrow all going well. They seem decent quality for the cost, nice strong square thread. Some new plugs to fit as well for a decent price, £18 for all 6. I couldnt help myself so Ive bought a set of wheels for it. All will be revealed but there not commonly found on the Corrado.

Anders Ranbo was my teenage hero :) Always loved that car!

Come on spill the beans on the wheels!

I want those exact wheels on my car, but just can't find any in the old school style, in the right size, offset etc..

Jay

Well the MO's that I had last year would have fitted the bill perfectly. Sold them last year as I couldnt see past my TH2's on the turbo. Painted white they would look perfect.

Well the MO's that I had last year would have fitted the bill perfectly. Sold them last year as I couldnt see past my TH2's on the turbo. Painted white they would look perfect.

Are they 17's?

I don't do 17's on a C full stop, but they look the business!!

They were 8x17in Et35. Whats issue do you have with 17in? Ive never had an issue with them..

No issue, just personal preference. Didn't meant to offend, i just always prefer 16's over 17's.

however, the picture at the top of this page looks awesome!

Looks very nice mate good to see you spending time cleaning all the arches out this is on my to do list along with all the other stuff , can i ask what paint you used to spray the engine cover mines a bit grubby from past spillages so id like to spruce that up , did you get the plugs of ebay ? Wheels look awsome i would never have really chose 17s over 16s but this might just have swayed me whats the ride like on them with the coilovers mate

Paint was just some I had lying about in the garage, just normal stuff. PLugs were from ebay. To be honest I dont find a huge difference between 16's and 17's and 17's look so much better. Id rather run a normal offset reasonable wide wheel than something with low offset and very wide no matter what the diameter.

I didnt know if it had to be heat resistant paint i think ill do the cover silver and the manifold crackle black then ! Ill have to make my mind up about the wheels but i see what you mean

Nice looking car tho bud colour is nice

Between other duties today I managed to give the Speedlines a quick paint to spruce them up. Used some BMW paint I had lying about, seems a good match for the OE colour.

I dare not type this but Im running out of things to do on this.

I've seen your rado on Friday night and looks very nice in a flesh of lamp post's

Im back running the Speedlines. This was in preparation for a trackday next month but decided to see if I could sell the BBS to fund some winter wheels and tyres for the Rocco. BBS sold last night so thats me sorted for winter, 18in winter tyres aint cheap!!! I did enquire about some 17in TH's but I have to keep reminding myself this is supposed to be a "budget" car, no big expenses.

Did about 250miles at the weekend and decided to check the new plugs I fitted a few weeks back. There is a slight oil misting on No1 and No.6 so I'll need to check that out, maybe me just getting paraniod. Either way I think I'll just park it up for the winter and use it occasionally. Had plans to buy a P&P head + cams but Im going to keep an eye on the plugs for now and check everything out before thinking about spending any more money on this. We are coming into party season after all so Id best keep the coppers for that!!

Good day today. I was on the reserve list for the trackday and was round the girlfriends on Thr night so didnt check my mails. Turned up at work Fri morning to find an email saying I had a place for today. Bit last minute and I basically did no prep on the car at all. Havent even fitted my baffled sump so headed to Knockhill today for a 4hr open pit session. The car is basically standard apart from the coilovers, brembo max slotted discs and road brembo pads. The car was perfect all day and appears to have used very little oil. Plugs are all in good condition and brakes coped better than a thought. Had some good battles with turbo'd MX5s, Clios 182's etc but really missed the red one as it was dry. Missed it even more when I went for a spin in the Mk2 on p3. It is RAPID and gets the power down very well. Kev if you read this you need a turbine on the 32, it is amazing. Currently running around 490bhp. Had a wee battle with a 24v'd stripepd out Mk2 and there was very little in it.

I reckon a little more power, some proper track tyres, 3.68FD, 288's and an oil cooler will make a nice little track car.

Best thing is the car feels like it running better than ever, looks like it was needing a damn good roasting all along. Hopefully find some photos to add to the post.

Edited by coullstar