coullstar

Lucky number 7 - sold but 911 in its place

No.. I guess it's pretty accomplished on the twisties too :) Did you see the recent Chris Harris "Drive" article on Audi RS's? He was rather smitten with your generation RS4 :)

Jim

Yeah, he sums it up perfectly. Its like a Corrado, they have thier flaws but there is just something about them. Was looking at the alcantara wheels after that but again RS tax means they are £300 or there abouts. Would love those front seats though.

Corrado's are cheap as chips in the real world!!!

Got to agree! Having had the S4, the Corrado is so cheap to maintain, even using Genuine parts where possible. Saying that, I've not quite sold it yet. Fancy one on LPG? :p

Gave the car its first proper run in a month or so but only to pack it up with all my spares, rear seat had a few more bits and did not put the spare crossmember or suspension in either. Its now a rolling Corrado warehouse.

Im going to be looking for a decent cover to use as there seems to be quite a few cat paw marks on the car + it keeps prying eyes away from car. Any suggestions?

I was looking at 3in Wagner downpipes but all in with ECU map its was close to £1500. They do some really nice upgraded intercoolers for £2000, generic brake upgrades are £1000 minimum etc etc to give you an idea. Corrado's are cheap as chips in the real world!!!

That much for a bit of pipe and tweaking on the laptop? Jeeez! :D You are bang on though. I've never understood why the faster the car, the bigger the bills because at the end of the day, it is just bits of pipe and software, which ALL cars use. I think some tuning firms just add a tax to fall in line with the car's 'prestige' be honest. I guess in a way it keeps the chavs away, which is a good thing.

Its not as much of a barge as you would think either in the corners.

You can't beat a long wheelbase and decent amounts of caster for fast and stable cornering, and of course, a well setup chassis, which all the fast Audis and BMWs come with from the factory :D

Well after giving up the bike racing and selling my bike I couldnt resist and bought the wagner 3in DP's for the RS. Getting Viper Tuning to remap it as well. It sounds amazing now inside the car and by god does it pick up well now. I bloody love this car.

The Corrado has been neglected and will be sorned and garaged for a few months now but I have managed to get some new wheels for it. Local add on ebay with brand new tyres so cheeky bid was put in won it. Picking them up tomorrow. The faces are polished and insets black but I might get some wet and dry on the faces to make them a satin finish.

Well Ive done it again, swapped the 120d for a 130i as the diesel was really starting to get on my nerves. Until I start doing a lot of miles Im not owning another one. 130i is basically the same but lovely smooth inline 6cyl.

Anyway back to the Corrado. Thats more than a year Ive had it and realised it quite a long time since I actually did any work on it. Currently sitting in the garage on SORN and the plan is the following next weekend:

1. Oil and filter Change.

2. Gearbox oil change.

3. Fit short shift.

4. Fit Jay engine mounts.

5. Fit baffled sump + new gasket.

6. Clean up 288mm brakes (maybe fit)

7. Clear Laminx the front lights/fogs.

8. Fix uprated loom.

Few more things to do but they can wait. Oh and tried the wheels on but didnt like them but Ive pretty much sold them on already.

Very nice, I was thinking about making an offer, then I saw you had PM'd him, so didn't bother, I knew you would take them :lol:

Im sure they will be very good for brake clearance. Back of them is basically the same as the TH2's and they had loads of clearnace.

BBS sold, different wheels bought. Should get them on next weekend.

Didn't you already have these on your old red VRT? Clearly you have tried every possible wheel out there and are having to start from the beginning again :lol:

No that was TH2, these are TH mono. Piece of **** to clean and will hide the puny brakes. The car aint going to be a speed machine so I can live with the bigger wheels as I think they will look spot on.

Might do them silver but I'll fit them and see first. Should be this weekend as Im taxing it today and tucking the RS in the garage over the winter.

On that I had it on the RR at the weekend with some dissapointing initial results. The peak power was down but after comparing graphs you can see the difference the downpipes have made. Mid range boost! Previous run had very high drivetrain losses so I corrected it. Power tailed of sharply as I think EGT's were getting high. Will log it out and get Viper to check it out but it should be arouns 470bhp peak. It just piles on speed in the mid range like you wouldnt believe.

Oh and I wasnt taking to the dark wheel colour so sprayed them silver, looks much better.

Oh and here is a graph to show the difference between my current VR with Schimmels, my old VRT on 1bar boost and the current RS4 readings. I think its tell the story!!

They are an utter bargin just now. I really cant see them getting any lower. There are a few for sale at the moment that have had some serious dough spent on them and running safe circa 600bhp @ around £13k. That will save all the major costs as well and they are pretty damn reliable. Ive done about 7kmiles in mine this year and spent about £400 on servicing that including two new rear calipers.

The S4's are also seriously good and you can have a K04'd one of them for roughly half the price of a RS. They generally produce more torque for a given spec due to the different head design, they just lack the top end pull.

Put it this way, check out the Vmax hall of fame - http://www.vmax200.com/results.php

Look the list and what cars appear amongst the Porker etc. The humble S4/RS4.

I'd rather just get the RS4 as I prefer the wider arches etc. I just don't want to pay more than £10K for a car though. Trying to be sensible in my old age :D

B5 RS4s are amazing value right now considering what your get. There are a few going round Oxford at the moment and they do sound pretty good.

Tempting to chop the VRT and M3 and see what I can get, although Gen 1 Cayman S's can be had for a little more...