coullstar

Lucky number 7 - sold but 911 in its place

Its a beast. Just piles on the speed so effortlessly. Its quite a heavy car but I kind of like that, feel more of a brute. Its doesnt feel like a 10year old car at all. I will need time to get used to the tractor gearbox though!!

Not touching the Corrado now, just preventative maintainance, as it will be a commuter car now.

Sheesh.. you don't half change cars often. RS4 is fantastic though.. looks lovely! :)

Would love an RS4 or RS6 some day but would be terrified at the potential costs waiting for me!

Still not as quick as the VRT was though but a nicer place to be.

Few things are :lol:

I love the RS4. The proper one for those in the know ;) The bigger turbos, the subtley flared arches.... mmmmm, top stuff!

Thats one of the reasons I was okay with this colour as well as it just blends in so well. I had a shot of one with a few more mods running ~480bhp and it still didnt feel like the VRT. No wheels spin with this though, it just launches and goes.

The RS4 Avant has got to be the wrong side of 1600kg? Weight is the killer of acceleration! But then again, accomplished cars like that make very fast feel pretty tame. VRTs scrabbling for traction and all the noise that goes with it can give a false impression of speed sometimes.

Mmm do love the b5 RS4, they sound pretty good too from what I've heard. How does it compare to you B6 S4?

How does it compare to you B6 S4?

Thats an interesting one!

They do sound awesome, I heard one going through a tunnel on the a406 once giving it the beans, went like hell and sounded mental too but defo wasnt standard...

Mmm do love the b5 RS4, they sound pretty good too from what I've heard. How does it compare to you B6 S4?

Fairly similar however the B6 was about 100bhp down on this and a little softer, this just feels like a beast. With the turbo's it feels quicker as well when they starting boosting. Noise wise its quite refined and Ive been looking at exhausts however I like the fact it doesnt stand out and is fairly subtle.

Had the car on the RR today and it made 201bhp, that just with Schimmel cams and everything else standard. Not bad for 137kmiles.

Put the RS4 on just to see if the map was as quoted by MRC and it was 459bhp!!! Checking ATW figures there is a 30bhp difference compared to MRC plot as well so it just shows its running will and what the cold weather does!!

Took the car for a weeks break over to Skye and Fort William the other week. Weather was crap but roads were awesome. Car ran fine, 666miles door to door. Came out in the morning in Fort William t fine a nice VR6 parked across the road. Reg number ended DPN.

I love this thing to bits and the Corrado seem to be running better as Im using it more. Still got to do the gearbox oil, fit Jays engne mounts and fit the short shifter.

Ordered a Jetex exhaust for the RS and have some standard downpipe to get rid of the 2 of the 4 cats on these things!!

How could you ever go back to a Corrado after owning an RS4? Surely it does everything better, several times over?

There must be traits about the Corrado that keep you coming back - would be interested to know what they are! Always been afraid that if I ever got something quicker & rarer than the Corrado, I'd never have another..

Great power from both there mate i bet the rs is a rocket ship whats the insurance like on them is it ridiculous or suprisingly low ?

Not a clue, but its good that they completely different. The Corrado feels very light and you can properly throw it about, its a lot smaller and more of a laugh. The RS is very competent but you do feel the weight, it just eats up the miles. Its a special car, as is the Corrado, just in different ways.

Put the car in for MOT, didnt do any prep or check lights etc and it passed with only a couple of minor advisories. Might treat it to a wash for that...

Sitting in Dallas at work, bored. Been driving about in a 2011 Mustang GT, god its slow but makes a nice noise. Havent done anything to the Corrado at all, still got a load of bits to fit but cannot be bothered or have the time to if Im honest. It keeps plodding along.

Fitted a Jetex exhaust to the RS, removed the bling mirrors and went satin black along with the grill surround to tie in with the roof bars. Have some anthracite 9x18in wheels on the way from my favourite wheel company, should look pretty good. Some recent photos of it with the car that convinced me to get one after driving it.

Well the Corrado is going into retirement. Ive been using it as a daily for the last couple of months and its starting to suffer bodywise. Plan was to get something cheap to replace for daily duites but that changed a little as you can see below.

Corrado is going on a classic policy and will be limted to 1500miles a year so it will still get run, just not into the ground. I do intend on keeping this one.

New daily is a 120d M-sport. Pick it up on Thr evening. Really nice car to drive and feels so much better than an equivalent Golf. Ticks a lot of boxes. Looking forward to some tractor diesel slides. RS has been parked up with rear brake issues but that should be sorted soon.

Not anytime soon!! Ive hardly used the thing in the last month due to rear calipers issues. Seems even the RS models still suffer from the god old sticky calipers.

Lovin the Beemer, its a great drive and good thing is it does feel quite slow (even though it isnt) so when I jump in the RS4 it feels ballistic. Took the Corrado for a quick run last weekend and still feels tight, keep having thoughts about doing things to it whilst its sitting but I dont wantto loose the soildness this one seems to have.

Anyway true to form I have some new wheels for the Beemer and Audi. I just cant help myself.

Thanks, it really is an awesome car. Id use it everyday if it didnt do 20mpg and ruin it.

Wheels are 9x18 MO6 ET20 with Continental 255/35/18's. I ordered them as standard ones are expensive, heavier, bend, hard to replace and just to be a little different.

The RS just has so many tuning options its hard not to go for it. Everything is silly money which does reign me in. I was looking at 3in Wagner downpipes but all in with ECU map its was close to £1500. They do some really nice upgraded intercoolers for £2000, generic brake upgrades are £1000 minimum etc etc to give you an idea. Corrado's are cheap as chips in the real world!!!

I have the "poor mans" RS4 in the shape of an Octavia VRS Estate.. there's just something just so pleasing about a car which is quick, but also practical... I guess it's a sign of getting older.

As you say the economy and running costs of keeping something like that around as a daily would be crippling but it must be so enjoyable gliding through traffic knowing you could demolish most things in a straight line!