Dlicence

hahaha good one!

I think the Corrado is a reliable car.. just look at how many are still on the roads, and in good working order?

All it takes for you to appreciate the reliability is to look at original cars with a low number of owners who've maintained the servicing and care to the correct level.

Then look at a car that's been owned by loads of people, modified, bodged, and otherwise screwed around with. Plenty of people have owned these and think they can skimp on servicing, or getting expensive jobs done - and invariably pay the price.

I've only ever broken down in my Corrado once - and that was my own stupid fault (drove through a flooded Ford.. and I think I got some water in the fuel system - the car recovered though!) - and I've owned four in the last 10 years and probably done 60,000 miles in them combined.

agreed. I know a bunch of people in my local VW scene for example who are constantly changing cars, and having multiple owners, these cars will never have an owner that'll spend the money on general servicing, then nobody will know what might actually needs doing on a car, probably never getting fixed. Then these cars get accused of being unreliable.

yep agreeed ^ i have friends that think when they buy a car that they dont need a service or they shouldnt spend money on it as they just brought it,lol you can only imagine the state its going to be in when they sell it on :0 , where as me, i see it as an investment! its almost like a bank holding your money but in the shape of a car! look after it! and your get ya money back! well some of it ;)

In the 12 years and 130k miles I have owned mine it only stopped at the side of the road once due to oil in the dizzy. Cleaned it with some WD40 and paper towel and carried on. Replaced the dizzy as it had just worn out the seals. The only other major problem was the crank bolt which was diagnosed before any damage was done. Sure it has it's niggles but never stopp it going ones.

Other than that it's been reliable and a daily driver. Just look around and see how many cars of a similar vintage are still going.

I've probably just doomed myself. I'll need to out and give it some petrol and kind words.

Agree with above , i have owned mine for nearly five years now and it has broken down twice . First time was my fault ,i fitted new temp senders and left a rubber seal in one ,so it doubled up when i fitted the new one , when she got to tempreture it blew it straight out the block !.Second time was a build up of crap on the ecu plug . Very reliable car in my opinion .