Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Oz Chrono Evo

if they are based in the UK and advertising them on the net at £0.00 then they have to sell them at that price!!

if they are based in the UK and advertising them on the net at £0.00 then they have to sell them at that price!!

Oh no they don't.

It is only an invitation to treat and therefore, it does not form a binding contract until they accept your offer of zero pence.

:p

Oh no they don't.

It is only an invitation to treat and therefore, it does not form a binding contract until they accept your offer of zero pence.

Hey, where did my post go that said that?!? :?

I wrote a nice reply to this on Monday night that said basically the same as that VR6... you're spot on there...

The other one to watch out for is that it has to be a sensible/believable price if it's a pricing error...

Ie. if you're offering a brand new car for £300 instead of £30,000 then it's obvious that it's a pricing error and so the company are not obliged to sell it to you at that price... However, if they had one for sale for £25,000, then you may be able to argue your case, as this is a plausible discount... 8)

The other one to watch out for is that it has to be a sensible/believable price if it's a pricing error...

Ie. if you're offering a brand new car for £300 instead of £30,000 then it's obvious that it's a pricing error and so the company are not obliged to sell it to you at that price... However, if they had one for sale for £25,000, then you may be able to argue your case, as this is a plausible discount... 8)

I kind of disagree there Henny.....

Consideration ie what each party contributes to the contract (money from one side and, say a car from the other side), does not need to be fair. The only stipulation is that it must have value.

Oh no they don't.

Yeah this guy is correct it is an invitation to treat, and therefore under contract law the seller is under no legal obligation to sell the product for the princely sum of£0.00 :)

who else studies law on here?

Oh no they don't.

hehe, so all that law work your always doing seems to have taught you something then Tom ;)

How do I stand on these 'magic' beans I bought on ebay?

yeah you guys are right, i dont know about internet law but i work in retail, all prices are an invitation to buy, once the seller accepts then they have to sell it at that price. anyway back to the original thread, when i got my oz chronos for my C i was told by loads of places that they were discontinued, i however speak to OZ who said that they were not discontinued, only the darker coloured wheels, and then got a pair and think they are one of the best looking wheels you can get for the Corrado!

['H3R4POR]

Oh no they don't.

hehe, so all that law work your always doing seems to have taught you something then Tom ;)

How do I stand on these 'magic' beans I bought on ebay?

Hehe :) Not actualy doing all that much contract law but it is quite interesting stuff tbh.

How much did you pay for the beans? :lol:

They don`t have the wheels anyway, they just order them in and they told me they can`t get 4 stud anymore :(

may try contacting OZ though, i really want a set of those.

Baz