BILLCOR

Classifieds - Ebay/Misc

I have noticed lately that folks are using the Ebay/Misc forum to advertise things they have for sale (no Ebay links) kinda defeats the purpose of the unpopular all new singing and dancing classifieds section dont you think?

There was a thread in this forum a while back discussing the classifieds (it was locked and seems to have disappeared) it was mentioned that discussions were underway to bring back a new version of the old system, is this going to happen?

Are you saying we should ban people who do this?

That's my interpretation of your thread anyway ;)

Are you saying we should ban people who do this?

That's my interpretation of your thread anyway ;)

:lol: Not what I'm saying at all

The Ebay/Misc forum is set up exactly how the old classifieds were, but there is next to no moderating done from what I see :shrug: so why all the hooha about the old classifieds system not working?

I'm using the classifieds section to sell my corrado, one thing i would say is that the counter showing 274 'views' is useful but i've actually had more queries about the car via Pistonheads than from the forum. Just some feedback. I'm not sure if old or new is better.

I'm using the classifieds section to sell my corrado, one thing i would say is that the counter showing 274 'views' is useful but i've actually had more queries about the car via Pistonheads than from the forum. Just some feedback. I'm not sure if old or new is better.

With the greatest respect, it's not exactly surprising that a site with 3 million unique visitors per month and a wide, open, varied classifieds section is yielding better results for selling. Most people don't appear here until they're very close to buying or have bought a Corrado..

Very fair point Jim. Noted.

I'm happy to wait for the right owner, from this great forum hopefully which has some extremely knowledgable and fun guys on it who are responsable for keeping these great cars on our roads. Not posted much over the years with regret but certainly benefited from the knowledge on here and had a chuckle or two reading some posts.