joby

Corrado refuses to be fixed

Ever get them times when your corrado refuses to be fixed? Over the last couple of weeks ive been getting The corrado back up and running after 12 months in the garage and its Mot time, so after having problems with my brakes pulling over to the nearside slightly at speed i decided to replace the rear calipers and refurb the fronts with a new seal kit and pistons! Guess what!! Still pulling over but not showing anything on the mot brake machine so could be a suspension issue even though ive replaced all the rubbers wishbones and track rod ends plus absolutely everything else and new koni adjustables! Then decided to sort out the temp issue as it wasnt getting above 70 and cooling down even more on a run! so changed the stat and new coolant, well after that shes still running cool ! Then decided to sort out a slight exhaust blow and made it even worse. Aghh!!! Then this afternoon as i was closing the garage door because i`d had enough the cable snapped and the door dropped on one side and was hanging 2 inches from dropping on the car, I was screaming to get the mrs to come out and help me as i couldnt hold it for much longer, luckily after 20 mins of fiddling about managed to close it but now its unusable untill i can get some new cables and the cars stuck in the garage, Need to sort it before wednesday for the NEC! Im sure this car hates me for leaving it all year in the garage..

gutted man, stick with it! have you had laser wheel alignment done? as that should sort out the pulling issues seeing as you have done everything else, ive been sorting out the body issuse on mine this past few months and im itching soo soo bad to drive it! cant wait to finish it :)

Had an issue with my passenger side front top mount... it was sitting way to high, so I replaced the top mounts when changing the suspesion. 6 months laters it was sitting way too high again. So I spent a morning changing the top mount for a new one, and now it's sitting... way too high.

Your temp issue could be the gauge sender? How is the oil temp?

Yes i was thinking sender tony, Oil temp is normal, its fine and gets hot when its sat and fans come on ok but as soon as you take it up to motorway speeds the guage goes down to 70, Been off today and had a better day, exhaust sorted now. im a bit of a perfecionist and have a miltek on the car and they are a bit raspy anyway as theres a long pipe from the down pipe to the first rear silencer and thats were it sounds Raspy but have double checked all joints while it was on stands and running and cant find any leaks! as vw owner says going to get it re aligned to try and sort the pulling over issue out, Its running on 17`s and im not sure they are the best combo as the car has always felt light at speed so ive put the pressures up to 32 front and 31 rear from 28 all round see if that makes any difference, Ohh and had my garage door sorted this morning £75 bit the dust for new cables

Swap the wires to the three senders on the side of the head to see if it makes any difference. If each of the senders reads the same, then you can rule them out.