24V Renshaw

Polyurethane VR6 front and rear engine mounts inc Fitting Guide

I don't think they will fit i'm afraid.

First sample set arrived today, so I will test fit them tomorrow. Then assuming everything is well over the weekend will order the full batch for everyone which will be 10 days.

ed49e264.jpg

Just finalising the last details of the poly parts to make sure they are spot on.

Should get the delivery on week beginning 12th Decemeber.

So everyone can fit them over Christmas :)

Jay

So everyone can fit them over Christmas :)

Experience tells me these will sit in the glove box for a long time and possibly never get fitted by me!

Couple of days delay on this as I am not 100% happy with the stiffness yet and just want to test a few things out on them before I get the lot for everyone. I have fitted a new solid OEM G60 gearbox mount and have ordered some power flex front cross member bushes just to rule out any movement from other sources.

Will keep you all posted :)

Jay

Right. After a lot of trial and error and a lot of grazed knuckles I have finally decided on the shore hardness and exact sizes of the poly inserts. Unlike the BFI ones mentioned earlier in the thread, I have gone for a couple of size differences between the upper and lower mount parts and also a different hardness for the upper and lower part.

This I believe results in the best possible combination of OEM feel on idle, gentle driving etc, but more control when you put your foot down! :)

I have placed the order this morning for the whole batch of poly and they have promised me delivery no later than the 13th of Jan.

Apologies for the delays, but I though it was worth the extra couple of weeks to get them right.

They may come to me earlier so I will keep you all posted.

Jay

Good stuff. I know everyone has paid up in good faith so I like to keep people informed of where things are. Shame we won't all have them by Christmas, but it will be a nice treat in miserable January :)

Jay

Can't wait to see the installation guide, although it'll probably confirm to me I should not try this without a grown up on hand!

Edited by 4eyes2wheels

It's an easy job. I have done it so many times now over the last couple of weeks, I can actually do it without even jacking the car up, but that is on a standard ride height car ;)

Jay

OK. Dan_Storm and iR6 you are both added to the list....

Paypal me the money and it will be official. :)

Jay

Done.... Many thanks :)

any chance of getting a pair of these mounts? or will i have to wait? cheers al

I am afraid that's it for this set. If I get enough interest I could run a second lot... I could start a list I guess...

Heard anymore on when these might be ready? Im planning a blitz to do some changes and it would be a good oppourtunity to get these fitted.