eugopnosaj

Random loose cable

Does anyone know where this goes? It is down the front near the alternator. The car is a 94 VR6. It is a single cable (looks like it should go onto a sensor), think it is yellow with a black chaser (or visa versa) I cant see any sensors but theres not a lot of breathing space in the engine bay without taking the intake manifold off.

Its not one of the wires off the top of the oil filter housing is it? There should be 3 plugged in, a blue, a green and a yellow.

THere is one down there thats not in use - its loose around the temp sensor area. THat could well be it. Apparently its for some diagnostic or an option. Either way its not used.

I believe it was for the oil pressure sender if you had the option extra in the lower centre console instead of the cubby hole

yeh found that wire near the bulkhead when doing my engine transfer, after about 2 hours looking where it went could not find a loose plug, so sealed it up and hid it out of view.