blaarado

later fuel pumps

hi all,

hopefully someone might be able to help me out with this, did i read somewhere that the fuel pump from later corrados had a higher bar rating(4 bar) than earlier ones, i have a 1990 1.8kr spec car with a 20vt engine and the fuel pump is making a loud hissing noise since i put the 20v in, its been running fine but id like to change it soon as its bound to fail at the worst possible time of coarse(eg;when im a few hundred miles from home some day) and is it a direct fit or are there any mods to do.

Do you have the under-body fuel pump? If you do you need to delete the under body one and install intank pump for a VR or g60 one as valver ones are too high a pressure. Cant remember if pierburg or bosch is better but ive got two pierburgs and they havent failed (yet)

Contrary to what is said above.

It doesn't matter what pressure the fuel pump is. The FPR will sort out any over pressure.

it's more of a buzz, will be worse with little fuel in the tank, partiucularly in summer as that helps cool it.

wil llast for ages probably, but if it's loud inside the car then it's giving yo a warning :)