mmacneill123

Unknown ticking noise!!!

This is a strange one, after i start, i hear what sound like a relay clicking slowly, intermittently for about 5mins...def not from the fusebox, sounds like it is behind the radio/instrument panel perhaps, everything electrical seems to be working, anyone any ideas???

Yes, that was my thought too when it started happening though the i hear the ABS relay on start and there is a short delay before the light comes on (actually after i start moving - fault there!!!) ... i will listen again and see if they happen together, what is even weirder is it seems to be happening even after i turn the engine off...am wondering if it is the Clifton (?) alarm?? :-) Pretty confident about battery and alternator, just had alternator done a few weeks ago and lots of motorway driving so batt well charged but will check :-)

Pretty sure now it is something to do with the alarm which was basically un-used by the previous owner for 6yrs (!), he did not know how to turn it on (not as stupid as it sounds as there was a second switch on the dash as well as a master one in the engine bay) and so never used it. I just found the switch on the dash, changed the battery in the fob and it now 'works', at least locks the doors which is handy and the mechanic who took the battery off got an earfull of the alarm when he reconnected it.... for the first time last night pressing one of the buttons on the fob caused the rear lights to flash.... Anyone any idea what the buttons on the fob do?? it is a Clifton alarm and the fob has one big button in the middle and three small ones around it and there is even a small one on the side of the fob...

Pressing two of them seems to lock the car....but above that i cannot work out what the difference is!!

I've got a Clifford alarm - pressing two buttons together puts it in and out of valet mode which stops it auto arming. (I have no button on the side but wouldn't push it even if I did!)

Whatever you do, DON'T press the small button on the side :lol:

I hav definitely pushed that button....it did not seem to do anything either???

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Hello,

Sounds like you might have the same alarm as me? Clifford eagle 2?

Download the owners guide here http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/clifford/eagle2_owners.pdf

Just a note, don't hold the button down for too long :lol:

Thanks for that, will have a look :-)