Imgolfman

The g60 WILL see the road again...

2011 is coming to an end, 4 month old baby called Jack, house and a misses. Time to grow up i ask myself? Still got the bay camper, ideal for summer outings with the family. The beetle is going be my wedding car so shes going nowhere. But fast cars, lowered etc, nahh, no more. My modding days had come to an end......Well so id thought anyway. Phone rings just 5 or 6 weeks ago, it was Dave from work. "want another corrado?" he asks. "no" i reply. "are you sure? its a g60, prob get it for £500". Before i new it, id made the 5 minute drive to view it. First thing i thought is "poor old thing". Started chatting to the chap to find out what had happened. The story is abit strange but basically, the car used to stunning, bin a pvw, always at the shows. Full leather, rebuilt engine, jabba charger, split rims etc. In 2008, Driving home one night, bang. Engine has dropped a valve. The g60 got parked up. Rather than fix it, the chap descided to sell bits. The leather went, charger and ecu to. Other little bit to. £300 gets me the car, he said he was about to scrap it. Still got the bbs with centre caps, fk coilovers and still in pretty good shape. The plan was to fix her up over winter to be ready for april (ill be 25 then so cheaper insurance). Couple of weeks later, looking on ebay and a full Rallye engine (98000 miles), gearbox, charger (rebuilt last year), ecu and intercooler pop up, It was ending in an hour. I won it for £500 which when you think is a bargain. Plenty of tins later (carling), its in and running. Interior in, exhaust nearly done and going for mot this week coming. Really excited about it, over 4 years since i sold my last 1. Proud to say, ive saved another one from the scrap yard :-)

Hope it passes and well done for beating the scrapman!

Cheers. Not many left now so we've got to try and save as many as possible :-)

[ATTACH]52273[/ATTACH][ATTACH]52277[/ATTACH][ATTACH]52281[/ATTACH] Sick or unsick? RH zw1's. 4x100, 8's on the front, 9's on the back. I love my car now :-)

Few pics of the RH ZW1's [ATTACH]52581[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52585[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52589[/ATTACH]. [ATTACH]52593[/ATTACH] Wanna try and lower it abit more on the rear 2.

[ATTACH]68594[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68595[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68596[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68597[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68598[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW!!!!!

I owned H678 XAB Ten years ago, purchased her in 2001 if I remember rightly and owned her for about Three years. It's a German import which I got from a guy who was stationed in the army out there, I was the first full time UK resident owner. It was his pride and joy and he'd really looked after the car, was on about 100,000 KM's when I took ownership. It used to have electric half leather Recaros with matching rear seats and leather door cards, which I sold as I got an offer I couldn't refuse for just the interior. I replaced it with a mint black cloth interior which I had to hand, I also fitted the late spec bonnet which came from my crashed VR6. The car was in really nice condition when I sold it, all very standard apart from 17@ Momo wheels and driving like a dream.

Fantastic to see she's still alive!!!!!!

I've not long picked up another LHD G60, a Dutch car this time which I imported myself. Dam I wish I had a spare grand and the space as I'd have this back for nostalgic value.

Edited by K Simmonds

WOW!!!!!

I owned H678 XAB Ten years ago, purchased her in 2001 if I remember rightly and owned her for about Three years. It's a German import which I got from a guy who was stationed in the army out there, I was the first full time UK resident owner. It was his pride and joy and he'd really looked after the car, was on about 100,000 KM's when I took ownership. It used to have electric half leather Recaros with matching rear seats and leather door cards, which I sold as I got an offer I couldn't refuse for just the interior. I replaced it with a mint black cloth interior which I had to hand, I also fitted the late spec bonnet which came from my crashed VR6. The car was in really nice condition when I sold it, all very standard apart from 17@ Momo wheels and driving like a dream.

Fantastic to see she's still alive!!!!!!

I've not long picked up another LHD G60, a Dutch car this time which I imported myself. Dam I wish I had a spare grand and the space as I'd have this back for nostalgic value.

Wow, that is very interesting. It really is a small world. Im sure you will be happy to no I'm keeping her :). Leather RECAROS!!! Nooooooo! Tbf tho, the lad I bought it off would of just sold them anyway. I've got pictures of it when it was spotless. Unfortunately, it isn't so tidy anymore. Well, it looks buggered tbh. The last owner who was a chap from Endon, S-O-T, really didn't give it the love it deserves. BUT, the tax and mot runs out at the end of December so it's strip, dip, weld and paint time. Going to fully rebuild the engine 2. It'll be a lengthy project (9-12months or so) but hopefully, I'll be able to return her to her former glory. Do you have any pictures of her from when you had it? If your local, fire round for a brew. Well, that really has put a smile on my face :)

Yeah I was amazed when I spotted your car in the for sale section, looked once, looked again then I was sure that H678 XAB was my old car. Very glad to hear your keeping her, after the effort you've gone to getting her back on the road it would be crazy to sell her on for a loss. Good on you for taking the car on and getting it road worthy again!!! I don't have any pics of the car during my ownership as they were on a lap-top that died completely. I'd really like to see the car again but I'm 100 miles away in mid Wales so a meet up may have to wait but I'd really like to see the car again as well as meet the saviour!

If your getting her acid stripped expect some nasty **** around the O/S/R wheel arch, I know there's a load of filler in there. Also the O/S/F front inner wing was welded in by me after a bump so may need some attention as that was Ten years ago.

We have to meet up sometime though, there's only a handful of LHD G60's in the UK and us owners have a duty to keep the cars alive!

I no about the arch after the filler fell out when a land rover hit me lol. I'm probably going to fit a new arch/quarter panel on it. I've sorted the the inner wing already. It was a "little" crusty. Could do with a couple of sills to. Looking forward to getting her back to tip top condition because like you say, there's only a handful left. Real shame you have no pics. I have some from 5/6 years ago and it looks the nuts. I'll keep a eye out for any meets with aren't to far away from both of us. Any plans for your g60 or are you just a standard guy?

'74 Bay Panel Van, '67 Beetle, '91 Corrado g60, '09 GTTDI mk6 Golf :)

Mine is staying completely standard, all bar three Aux gauges in the centre console. The cars only covered a very easy 70K miles and I've just had the charger done by JMR as well as fully servicing everything else myself so she drives pretty much like new. She's never had a hard bump but has picked it's fair share of parking dents, including a guy I work with stoving in the O/S door last week reversing his tossing Honda!!! So a full respray is on the cards very soon. I have the S2 to scare myself with and throw money at so the G60 get's an easy life.

I'll keep a look out for meets as well, be cool to get a shot of the Two cars side by side.

Liking the powered by carling cans pic

About to embark a similar task with a valver. how many cans is recommend first?

Liking the powered by carling cans pic

About to embark a similar task with a valver. how many cans is recommend first?

Good work. Got through rather a lot. The misses kept the stock up. Think she was trying to tell me sum thing (stay in the garage) lol. Couple of crates should see u through ;)

'74 Bay Panel Van, '67 Beetle, '91 Corrado g60, '09 GTTDI mk6 Golf :)