rolex

early 16v to vr6----hassles???

Is there any major hassles converting a g reg 16v to vr?? widetrack has already been done. Only ask as im torn between a tuned abf or tuned vr (i do love ringing the neck of a valver tho, but dont want to do all that work and find it under powered, when i had a standard vr it did feel heavy/fat and lazy where 16v felt light and punchy-tho under powered)

I thought the golden rule was don't build what you can buy?

From what I have seen there are some fantastic VR's in the classifieds at the moment and for the most part at very low prices! I've been tempted myself and I already have a VR!

Bit like converting a Betamax player over to Bluray. May as well just buy a Bluray player ;)

If you want to go with a new engine, do just that, find a newer powerplant like a 1.8T variant or 24V V6, engines and spares will be easier to come by and the result will be more powerful, economical and probably lighter, maybe even cheaper to insure as insurance on transplanted cars seems to be based on the vehicles the engines were sourced from.

check through the search. its been asked loads before. it can be done, i know ive done it but ended up getting a rotten engine so now am on a 24v engine which is much much better

Totally with the golden rule on this one fella. No point creating at greater cost that which you could buy much more cheaply, and furthermore with far less hassle. If you want a power upgrade the choice is vast and allot more satisfying than a bog standard VR6 (no offence to VR owners ;-) )From retro forced induction 16v to TFSI's with diesels in the mix just for devilment. The only restriction is the type of use and your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the valvers and g60's lend themselves to the 20vt route and the vr6 for 24v and TFSI

just buy a vr6