macvwnut

Elsecar Mega Meet + UK Rallye Golf Show 2012

yep agreed good day conidering weather.

A huge thank you to Kip & Judith for the previous nights antics and accomodation many thanks

Grest to meet up with old friends and also meet some new ones :)

---------- Post added at 9:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:18 PM ----------

Shame the car didnt sell though

Ih and yeah similar to Tim20vt soggy feet got the better of me in the end.

Anyone win?

Thanks Chris and you know you are always welcome at ours :)

Oh and Jude won best Standard Car, so she's happy!

woo hey... it was a great show indeed. I liked it very, very much :)

Cars, obviously amazing. Venue very good with inside "inside" and "outside" area, and as mentioned with some quiet cafes at the back.

People? like best in the world... everyone I met at curry, or the show itself were simply amazing. I have no words to thank Judith and Kip for their accommodation and warm welcome at their place. Simply everyone was super friendly... kind of people you want to stick around... even the neighbours cat came to say hello :) I am not sure if I can be grateful enough... simply you all rock!

Now then, I took "some" pictures... only uploaded fraction of them online.. there are just way too many of them so have a look here: [ PICTURES ]

ps. StueyB thanks again for the wings

Despite the weather (which wasn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be), I really enjoyed the day and enjoyed chatting with everyone from the CCGB and this forum, you really are a nice bunch of people to spend my rainy bank Holiday Monday with.

Big thanks to Paul and Judith for the cup of tea, Sausage sandwich and creme egg!! will try and make the curry the night next year.

Congrats to Judith on the win and I hope Dave got home OK.

Roll on Stanford......

congrats jude well deserved!

562975_3185703434417_1020698020_32431530_397149310_n.jpg

not understanding air ride i was looking at this for a while thinking how is the cars weight not bending the wheel arch :-0

The workmanship on this was great,interior and paint were all top class jobs but that looks like its rubbing the paint..

Edited by tim20vt

The ride must be awful on air and imagine doing 70mph on a motorway and suddenly loose air pressure!!!

Wat i dont get about that pic is obviously its at a set point when lowered on air ride but what happens when its inflated up and you hit a big bump or dip ! Surley the arch must instantly die

Enjoyed the show yesterday, Well priced food and drink too which is a rare thing at shows!

Good to meet some more faces and speak to those i already know. Sadly didnt take any pictures as i wasnt feeling very motivated in the rain nor did i fancy a soaking with no jacket.

Did anyone else collect the feedback for show and shine, be interested to see how we compared and help us push on.

Hope the Rado we passed outside the show with the bonnet up was ok, didnt stop as Chris and about another three Corrado's had stopped to help!!! Got to love the forum for that!

Thanks to Jim too for the offer of borrowing the MAF, turned out once i took advice on how to test it on the car i found mine to be faulty.

l in Gods country.... gotta love Elsecar!

Not biased are you? :lol:

Yes, it is a great little place. Now just get rid of the odd chav here and there (in Pug 309s), and all is bliss, I might even be tempted to move up from the Midlands :lol:

Tempest

re air pic, would hope at lowest point it is on a bump stop to restrict further movement and prevent damage, well thats the theory.

I agree with Jim, you feel too far removed from the dub scene, the Corrado turn out was great but the interest in them was very dissappointing, but never mind we like them!, the same can't be said of the younger generation probably because they struggle to afford the insurance group of the cars, and yes Jim they now fit in more with the general classic car shows as they are mostly frequented by the older end of the classic enthusiasts. The future of where they fit in at the VW scene is unsure, maybe general classic shows is the future?, who knows but one thing for sure it's a generation thing, shows evolve so maybe we should?, thoughts out there?. Jim.