Johnny H

PCV breather valve

On the look out for a PCV breather valve?? Its the pipe with tape onit in the pic.

Thanks Johnny

Just buy the whole unit from Ford (galaxy VR6) ...... it was around £35 three years ago - from memory half the price VW wanted for one.

Or try asking VW for one off the Sharan VR6 as I'm pretty sure they'll sell it on its own without the other pipework that usually bumps the price up.

What's a catch can dude?

Instead of venting the gasses via the PCV and back into the intake, you just bin the PCV system and bock off the hole in the intake pipe. Then run a hose to an oil catch can and vent the rest of the fumes to the atmostphere. Not the best for the environment but easy system to maintain and prevents oil "blow by" from fauling your intake and throttle body. In my case I went this route as I didn't want oil blowing into my Charger.

There is a good thread here on the Lotus forum that explains it well http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/catch-can-vs-open-air-vent-100572/

Ah. Right. Cheers dude, sounds like a plan. I'll take a look at the link and lets be honest, the environment wasn't high on the agenda when we decided to buy a 'rado was it? :-D

I went the catch can route. I've never been a fan of sending crappy oil fumes down the inlet anyway.

No, it's a blank. The wiring is there because European models use a heater or some crap around there. It's something us UK boys don't have.