Sign in to follow this  
Arrow3 VR6

Front Lower VR6 Motor Mount Problem !!

Currently the underside of my car looks similar to this:

vf_mount04.jpg

I'm missing that one part of the housing for the lower part of the front motor mount, so the underside of the mount SHOULD look something like this:

vf_mount02.jpg

Does anyone know where I could acquire this part of the housing? I dont' need the insert, but I need that housing, the bolts to secure it, and the bolt that goes down the middle of the mount(I think).

Cheers all!!

Oh okay. Any online dealers that anyone knows of that would have what I need for sale?

dont know of any thats your side of the pond......but you could try http://www.vagparts.com/ tho i dont know if they:-

1)ship to the states

2)would be any cheaper than your local VW dealer

If I were to buy a new vr6 front motor mount, could i assume that the parts that I need would be included in that setup? or are they seperate?

If I were to buy a new vr6 front motor mount, could i assume that the parts that I need would be included in that setup? or are they seperate?

No, you wont get the metal cover or the bolts.

timo

i would guess that it protects the insert from weathering. my insert is actually not there, so i'm just looking to replace it, and the covering.

just had a look on ETKA, and it seems that you need part no. '1HO 199 635' , a securing nut 'N 900 744 01' and the shouldered bolt 'N 102 302 01'

hope this helps

Dev

:D

Weathering??? That plate actually secures the bottom mount in place and is load bearing!

When you fit certain brands of uprated mounts, that plate becomes obsolete and most people only put it there as to not lose it in case they revert back to the stock setup.

K

I'll be putting a vibratechnics on on mine. If I don't need the plate after fitting that you're welcome to it.